chapter 17

She stood there , like a stone... unable to decipher what he just asked....she knows that he isn't joking....but his one statement took her life away...she got scared.. scared to no end.....

" What blunder are you saying...he isn't...oh god raj ..it's us who got married..." She said and sat beside him...

" What?!!!! us?!! ..no.. what are you saying...yesterday I was at your Sangeeth...we danced..had a lot of fun and after that ...ah...I can't remember anything....my head..." He said keeping his hands on his forehead ...

Niharika looked at him in confusion...
" Sangeeth?" She asked to herself in confusion...

Dheeraj was still holding his head out of pain ....
She slowly and silently moved out of the room with a heavy heart....
Tears clouded in her eyes as she slowly moved out....
Just then, she saw doctor coming for rounds...
Her words stuck in her throat as it didn't come to her mouth....she , with teary eyes pointed towards the room which he was admitted... doctor passed a confused look and went towards the room....

He saw Dheeraj sitting on the bed with his hands on the head...
Doctor slightly moved his hands from his head ....
He said niharika to move outside as he wants to check him....
After a while he came out ....
He called niharika to come with him....
He checked Dheeraj's report and said...

" Mrs. Singhania as you know...he had a severe head injury....so that's why we did that operation too....he survived ..but not his memories.." doctor said

" What you mean doctor?" She asked to him with teary eyes..

" Mrs Singhania..he had lost his memory.." he said

Niharika sat on the chair as If she had stuck by lightning....she sat like a. Lifeless creature infront of him and tears fell down from her eyes like rain...

" but Don't worry Mrs Singhania..it's only for a short time period...it's called short term memory loss in medical terms... which means a person will forget some memories of a particular period....and your husband had forgotten the things after your marriage ....that means he only remember the things happened before your marriage....he lost his memory of marrying you...and for him ..now you're his best friend, not his wife..he only remember things till the day of your Sangeeth ceremony with his friend ..."the Doctor stated and niharika's eyes showered tears like rain drops from dark clouds .....

" Kya vo memories..kabhi vapas nahi ayega?" (That means his memories won't came back?) She asked in shaking voice and dr smiled at her...

" No...it will come...but when...I can't say .it may be within weeks, may be will take months or may be years.."

Niharika's heart broke into million pieces as she heard it....she slowly nodded her head ....

" But. .never try to make him remember all this...don't tell anything about his lost memories....he will try to remember it and it may make complications....his blood pressure in brain will increase..so better don't force him to accept the reality...it may cost his life..let him relax ..one day he'll remember it by himself" doctor said and she nodded....

But the next second she looked in confusion and asked
" But he's asking about Ashish..who is no more...how can we.."

" Yeah...I know this Ashish..i was the one who diagnosed him when he was bought here by that accident....he forgot about this Ashish's death too .. that's why he is asking..but don't worry...manage him by saying that he's in business trip or somewhere else..ok..." Doctor said to which she nodded....

She slowly got up from the chair and about to go .. doctor called her..
" Beta...I can understand your pain...I also have a daughter of your age... and newly married too..I can understand..but don't lose hope .may god bless you with the power of overcoming all these..."doctor said and she smiled faintly....