chapter 15

Niharika wore his favourite red saree and looked at the mirror for some final touch up.... suddenly She heard calling bell and she placed her hands on her chest in relief thinking that Dheeraj is back...she smiled and ran downstairs to open the door.....
She opened the door in hurry with a smile and suddenly her smile faded....

" Hey sakhi...why are you looking at us like this ? Did hrishu troubled you?" Darshan asked when he saw her standing with a worried face....

" No..no... actually I...thought it's raj..."she replied without looking at them and both Rithika and darshan exchanged a mischievous smirk...

" Oh..ab kaha gaya janab ne ?" ( Oh now where did he go?) Darshan asked and niharika explained everything..

" Oh.. he'll come Nikku.. don't get tensed.." Rithika consoled her and she gave a tight smile ...

" Where's hrishu ?" Rithika asked to niharika and suddenly darshan's phone rang..it's from an unknown number....

Darshan moved outside attending his phone and Rithika and niharika remained at the hall...
He picked up the call..

" Hello ...may I speak to Mr Darshan Singhania" he heard a female voice from other side...

" Yes .. darshan Singhania here...may I know who's this?" He asked back

" Sir , I'm from City hospital..your brother Mr Dheeraj Singhania met with a severe accident minutes ago and he is admitted here in ICU.. please come immediately.." he heard and his breathe hitched....

His little brother, with whom he playfully fought with today morning too ..is fighting for Life in the hospital bed....his eyes brimmed with tears .... words stuck on his throat itself ...he felt heaviness inside his chest....

He slowly went inside to see a smiling niharika and a lone tear escaped from his eyes...he quickly wiped it and called Rithika to their room...
Rithika followed him in confusion and his face made her tensed.... niharika noticed this and her heart raced faster than before....

" What happened darsh..why.." before she could ask anything darshan broke down and cried sitting on their bed ...

" Darsh!!" Rithika got panicked and sat beside him on the bed, placed her hands on his shoulders...
He just held her hands tightly and cried... Rithika sat there, still confused....

After sometime, darshan composed himself and said
" Rithi ..tell niharika to go and get ready..."

" But why? What happened darsh?" She asked back....now she is getting tensed...

" Raj..raj...raj..ka ... accident hua hai rithi..."( Raj met with an accident.. rithi) Darshan again broke down into tears...

" What!!!!!" Rithika almost yelled and got up from the bed...

Rithika's eyes too filled with tears and asked " how can I...no..I can't tell this to her.... she'll shatter ...."

" But there's no time for us...I'm going...I want to be there...you please tell her somehow and come with her to city hospital... please don't tell to maa right now..." he said and immediately stormed out of the room...

Rithika stood there for sometime unable to decipher what just happened....She wiped her tears and slowly went out of the room ...

She saw niharika still standing at the door .. waiting for Dheeraj...
She slowly went to her ....

" Nikku? You are still here ...come it's raining already.." she said controlling not to cry...

" Bhabhi..but raj didn't come yet.." she replied fiddling with her saree pallu...