Starface and Kiya

Not American but I’ll try the challenge given by Wattpad.

–outofwordtheater

***

Kiya squealed. She stared at her face, and she bursted into a long screeching scream. “No! Cannot be!”

“Worry not, dear.”

She squealed again in horror. An star-shaped face without limbs and body float on her side, smiling at her.

She knitted her brows, saying, “Who’re you?” but she released a stray short pain when it twitched the acne lying between her brows.

“I’m Starface, dearie.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Kita rolled her eyes, carefully not to move any part of her face.

There was a beep, and Starface looked down at her wristwatch.

“About time. Hold my hand,” Starface said after glancing at her watch.

“Duh, you have no hands.”

Kiya wailed. She’d forgotten she knitted her brows.

“Close your eyes, dairy.”

Kiya groan. “I’m not a product.”

“Just do it!”

Kiya closed her eyes and things went black. Actually, she blacked out. She opens her eyes but things were just blury and darkness. She tried to stand up and she never succeed on pushing all her sweat. There came a light and behold, it was Starface.

“Where’s this?”

“Dear, welcome to your oily face!” Starface said welcomingly.

“I—”

“You’re wondering why the ground you’re lying into is sticky and dark? You became a micro-organism, like that dirt,” Starface motioned her imagenary finger, illuminating her light, to the dark big circle inside a hollow, “inside your pores. Your skin is oily and has dark spots, which where you are.”

“Whatever that is. Jeric is waiting for me!”

“Look at that hair follicle. That contains oil glands inside it that produces oil called sebum. When your dead skin cells aren’t removed, blocking the sebum from making into the surface and it gathers there altogether, making a bump on your face. As sebum gives food to the bacteria and building a bunch of bacteria and start to multiply, causing an infection. The body reacts asks the immune system to send blood and immune cells to fight it. And the blood turns the infected area red; whereas the immune cells attack and kill the bacteria, resulting in swelling and formation of pimple.”

Suddenly, there was a white sphere running to her, and she ran away, exasperated. “Make it away!”

“Now, she thought you’re a threat,” Starface said, sending a message to the cell.

The immune cell went back to her work without further ado and Kiya gasped. “I thought I’m gonna die!”

“Close your eyes.”

Kiya obliged. She opened her eyes, overlooking the small pimples, blemishes, blackheads, whiteheads, zists, you name it, on her face. She reached out for the small swelling on her glabella.

“Don’t pop your pimple, dear! Leave that alone. It might get irritated and angry to you again.”

She glared at her but stayed silent.

“Now, stop eating too much oily foods, sugar, and processed foods. Vegetables and fruits are great alternatives.”

“I should be a vegan.”

“Good thing!”

The Starface disappeared. Kiya ran to the restaurant where her boyfriend was working part-time job.

“Jeric!”

“What took you so long?”

“Am I beautiful?”

“You’re beautiful.”

“Look at me!”

“You’re beautiful, Kiya. Even that pimple’s making you a unicorn.”

“Come here. I’ll kill you!”

Inspire by The Dr. Binocs Show about pimples.