The Battle of The Wine

“Kia, what are you doing?”

“I’m drinking, duh.” She rolled her eyes and shoved the tip of the glass to her mouth.

“Stop it!” I slapped her hands and the glass slip away from her grasp, it resulted the breaking of the glass and spoiling the wine on the floor.

She turned to me, narrowing her eyes and glaring at me. “You don’t care.”

“I care.”

She took the bottle of the wine and held it closed to her mouth. I put my hands on to it and tried to dragged the bottle away from her.

“Stop it!” she shouted, spiting her saliva on my face.

I wiped my face with my hands. Her saliva smiled like wine. I heard something being slammed.

I looked down and found her on the floor with her chair knocked down, bathing the purple wine, from her head, face, down to her abdomen.

She glared at me. “I hate you!”

“You okay?” I reached out my hands, but she turned around, got up, and walked away, limping with her four inches heels. “Take off your heels!”

“Whatever!” She still had the odyssey to continue on ignoring me. My heart limped when she tried to take the step of the stairway but missed it. She slammed on the stairs.

I ran to her. “Kia?” I shook her but she didn’t even stir. My heartbeat doubled. I quickly dialed 911.