How Sweet is Home?

A good communication is a key to a sweet home. But what if the said sweet home have communication breakdowns lately? This is Jeselle's story on how the communication barriers that cause communication breakdowns almost broke their home.

Jeselle is a graduating student and she needs money in order to finish her thesis. So she keeps on telling her mother about her needs every single moment she have with her mother. One Saturday afternoon, Jeselle saw her mother seating on the dining room all by herself and was lost in trance. She approached her mother and told her mother her needs for the nth time. Her mother ignored her and left without a say. And what just had happened was a result of communication barrier, the attention span of gnat.

Jeselle felt broke and she's literally broke. She thought on approaching her father instead. She was about to open the door of her father's study, but what she heard broke her more. Her mother was yelling on her father about him cheating and impregnating other woman. What she heard was a result of communication barrier, the too much information.

Jeselle opened the door slightly to see what's going on the room. She saw her father sitting on his chair, trance and her mother who was yelling. Her father was preoccupied that he couldn't comment about her mother's words. On what she saw on her father, it was a result of communication barrier that her father couldn't utter a single word because he was under pressure, because of his work as a writer.

Jeselle confronted them and she felt happy thereafter because it was all miscommunication. Her father was busy finishing his writings while her mother was fed up by a friend about nonsensical stories and she herself pressured everyone because of the need of money. Now the sweet home is back!

Inspired by: Oral Communication