04 Tag, You're It

Lei spend the night having a hard time contacting Magnus as Magnus explained he was in Agra with Simon trying to locate Camille. But they did not find her. To no fail, they collected some of her stuff that might help to trace her later.

Apparently, Raphael threatened Simon to find Camille as Simon accidentally allude to Victor that Raphael might know more about the illegal vampire den — the subjugates — that Jace attacked than him. Now, Raphael may be facing wrongful charges by the Clave which can result to his and his entire clan's incarceration.

Thankfully, Magnus got Alec to stabilize after we got permission from Aldertree to let him in the Institute. Magnus diagnosed that Alec lost a piece of his soul to Jace and now he's stuck somewhere between him and his parabatai. Nevertheless, Magnus hypothesized that if we can bring Jace back to Alec, we might be able to save him.

Lei, Izzy, and I spend all morning in Alec's room to try to come up with a plan on locating Jace which is what we intended to do in the first place. Magnus been here too since last night, keeping Alec from convulsing, time after time.

Alec's room now is cluttered with books, papers, empty bottles and food containers. If he's awake right now, he so would hate this. I put Alec his shirt back on when his skin felt cold to touch even though he's sweating from the outside.

"Hello?" a knock was heard on the other side of the door "Are you guys there? Clary's back."

Magnus gruffly stood up from the small couch and opened the door "Oh, great. Clary's safe. We can all go home now."

"Oh, wait, Magnus!" Jocelyn held the door in place before Magnus could slam it in her face "How's Alec? Is he gonna be okay?"

"Oh, yes." I huffed, sarcastically. Jocelyn looked at me down the floor "That's the condition of someone who's going to be okay any second now."

I was raised to be polite, especially to elders. But I also know respect is earned... so far, she's not giving me a reason to give her mine.

"Do you remember the first thing I said to you when you brought a frightened six-year-old girl to my door?" Magnus prodded.

Jocelyn sighed "You didn't want to get involved in Shadowhunter business."

"And I should've stuck to my guns. But no... I let you convince me." Magnus tone was in pure hatred "How many years of memory wipes was it?"

"Twelve." Jocelyn answered "Look, I owe you. Let me help with Alec."

"I think you've done enough." Manus growled, red in anger. This time we are on are feet.

"I was only trying to find-"

"You were only trying to do what you always do. Manipulate people into helping fix problems that you created." Magnus interrupt, moving forward outside, subtly making Jocelyn move away "And now you did the same thing with these kids."

"That's not true."

"Then prove me wrong."

As the two having an intense staring contest, Isabelle broke the silent by asking "Where's Clary?"

"In her room." Jocelyn gazed to us "She just finished her interview with Aldertree. Look Isabelle-"

We didn't have time to hear her petty excuse as Izzy and I ran to Clary's room. She told us everything that had happened in the ship and we told her everything she missed.

"I can't believe you lied to Vic." I acclaim.

Clary lied to Vic that she didn't remember anything from the ship. She's learning interrogation strategies. If I'm at one hundred percent right now, I would've been able to celebrate that.