20 Dark Solstice (Izzy)

Raphael has feelings for me. I honestly don't know what to feel about that. Even when Alec beat Raphael out, he confessed that with sincerity. We were fortunate enough Maddie was able to stop the fight before any serious damage occur.

The look on my parabatai's face haunts me until now. The fear in her eyes when she was staring at my blood in her palm. The guilt in her eyes when Alec blamed her for my own doing. None of this was her fault... I know that. But I also know she wouldn't understand why. She would just try and stop me. She can't help... none of them could.

I decided to stay at the DuMort. Magnus shortly left after he healed Raphael's wounds. My brother just doesn't know when to quit. He's not my keeper. I'm certainly old enough and capable to handle myself.

"Your rune, it's glowing." Raphael eyely pointed to the parabatai rune on the back of my upper left arm. It's glowing through my sleeves.

"Yeah..." I sighed, yanking to my side so he won't have to see it "It's been doing that a lot, recently."

"What it's called?"

"Don't worry about it." I dismissed.

I don't know why it's glowing. It wasn't suppose to glow — a symbolic rune — unless it was entreat upon. And that means I'm calling for Maddie...

...maybe psychologically I am.

"Alec just doesn't know when to leave me alone." I said, changing the subject as I lay back on Raphael chest while were sitting on the couch.

"Your brother has nothing to worry about, Isabelle. Your happiness, your well-being, it's all I care about." Raphael assured while stroking my hair.

I sit up, smiling at his words "Sounds like Shadowhunter blood talking."

Raphael sighed "It's true. I haven't felt this way about anyone in a long... long time."

"Kiss me." I leaned in and tried to kiss him but he shrugged.

"I can't." he said.

"Is it Maddie?"

"No. But I must admit, what Maddison and I had... it was real. She was sober. No venom clouded her judgement." Raphael said, softly "Are you sure about want you want?"

Before I could answer my phone rings "It's probably just Alec. Could you please turn it off?"

Raphael stood up from the couch and turn my phone off. I sighed contemplating about what he asked. I'm feeling something for him, I just don't know if it is real or if it is the effects of the venom.

"Sorry, I just saw the time. I have a meeting with the Bronx clan leader. Don't worry, I'll be back." said Raphael, taking his coat from the couch.

"Bite for the road?" I coquette.

"No, thanks. I need to keep a clear head. I'll see you soon." he said then I lay back down on the couch. I saw him put my phone on the top shelf before he left.

――――――――――――――

I breath heavily as I woke up, feeling uncomfortable. The uneasy feeling I got over the past few days when the yin fen was wearing off my system. My hands started to tremble badly, showing sign of fatigue.

Alec means well. I don't what to admit it to myself but what Raphael and I did... we're practically getting high together. Vampire venom, Shadowhunter blood, it can make you feel euphoric things.

What do I do?

I continue pacing around the room until I decided to phone Raphael. I need him. I reach for my phone at the top shelf and saw Alec had left me 4 missed calls and 17 unread texts.

 I reach for my phone at the top shelf and saw Alec had left me 4 missed calls and 17 unread texts

Raphael hid my phone on purpose. He read my messages earlier, that's why he left.

He lied to me.

Just as I was about to leave the DuMort I felt a mental pain on my legs.

Oh no... Maddie.