13 The Heaven Knows

Luke drives at full speed to the location he tracked Cleophas. We had to fetch Jace up just to get some back-up. I've been texting everyone whom none of 'em response. Guessing everyone is busy with the storm which wasn't a surprise.

As we're on our way, the scorching distorted screams are back. I pressed pushed my hands on my head trying to stop it as I winced in pain. Jace who's sitting in front with Luke, slides back down trying to soothe me down. Just like Alec's, his words are subdued as I only hear and feel that exact same noise and pain.

Suddenly, the noise receded and the pain was gone... again.

"Madds? Madds! What happened?" Jace asks with his hands on my shoulder.

"The noise. It came back." I gasped from the same migraine I felt this morning.

"What noise? I didn't hear any."

I was about to say something when Luke suddenly stops the car in an alleyway. He hurriedly exited the vehicle when we saw Clary and Cleophas running over away. Jace and I got out immediately.

"Cleo, you hurt her, I'll drop you where you stand." Luke warned, pointing a gun on Cleophas.

"Wait, no!" Clary diminishes, shielding Cleophas behind her.

"Clary, get out of the way." Jace hollered.

"This isn't up for discussion Clary. We need to turn her over to the Clave, now." I proclaims.

"We need her." is what she said.

――――――――――――――

Oh yeah, we need her.

Cleophas and Luke will take care of retrieving the Soul sword from Valentine while the three of us will save an Angel.

That's right! I said it all right.

Cleophas just betrayed Valentine after finding out that he tortured Angel Ithuriel for two decades by keeping him bounded and chain on Earth using enchanted magic.

Apparently those noises I heard, Clary heard it too. Cleophas said it came from him calling for help. Valentine wants to use Ithuriel's heavenly energy and the thunderstorm to activate the Soul Sword that could decimate everyone with demon blood — the entire race of Downworlders — the fact that Clary gathered on Citadel.

This will surely include Jace and me. But why would the Angel be calling me?

I don't fully believe Cleophas. No one has seen an Angel in hundreds of years but I have myself and Downworld friends who I truly care about and I didn't want to risk it.

"If Valentine needs lightning to activate the Sword, he probably put Ithuriel up on the rooftop." Clary theorized as we're walking up the stairs of a lighthouse on a beach.

"Cleophas could have been lying, Clary." Jace cautioned.

"She's not. Not about this." Clary defended.

"How do you know that? She's been lying to us since the beginning." I snarled, annoyed "You took off with my prisoner and jeopardize my assignment."

"I know. I'm sorry. But trust me on this."

We gripped out weapons once we reach the top. Jace turn the doorknob opening it. Stepping out and turn to the corner, we see three Circle members guarding an old man bound in chain who I assumed is the Angel.

The Angel and I eyed one another then I heard the distorted call again, but this time it was fainted.

His communicating with me... telling me to spare them.