16 Secrets of Blood

Magnus ended the party early, sending everybody out but not before scanning them to see who stole his book. Alec was able to regain his strength and join us at the search.

"I was this close lining up a three way." Raj uttered while Magnus is scanning him. I exhaled sharply, rolling my eyes at him.

People were harmed and that's what he cares about?

"I haven't had that kind of fun in a while and you guys just let yourself get spelled." Raj continued blaming us from his disrupted mating.

Okay, that's it!

I furiously stood up from my sit, about to smack him to oblivion but Alec blocked my path. Lei then pushed Raj, guiding him out the door when Magnus finished scanning him.

"Is he the last one?" Jace asked right away.

"It appears I'm the only Warlock here." Magnus said, putting his wards down.

"Magnus what happened if we don't find your spellbook?" Clary questioned.

"That's not an option you want to explore." Magnus stresses. I don't think I've seen Magnus worry like this before "That book can undo every spell I've ever cast. From elementary to the complex. In new and old languages..." Magnus stopped, realizing something "Champenois, it's an old French dialect. Le chatte roux, the red-haired cat." he uttered before putting his wards back up again before walking out.

"Magnus, what cat?" Lei asked as we followed him in his room.

Magnus hold his finger up, gesturing us to stay quiet before he pointed us to pan-out, circling the bed as we saw a bumped hiding under the covers.

Is he talking about the cat we saw this morning?

Jace then pull the covers out, revealing the same ginger cat. He hissed at us trying to run away but Magnus fired an energy ball at it, forcing it to exposed it's human form.

Oh, it's not a he, it's a she. It's Iris Rouse.

"Duratus!" she chanted, pushing a ring of orange magic out from her hands freezing all of us except Magnus who countered her spell.

"I hate party crashers." Magnus commented before he attacked Iris with a ball of energy sending her to crash to something that I can't see. It's out of sight. Magnus then followed her.

Pretty soon after, all I hear was an exchange of magic attacks followed by a long silent.

"I DON'T KNOW." Iris voiced echoed the apartment. Her tone sounded like she was in agony.

What is going on out there?

Seconds later, we regained freedom as we're able to move. We immediately went outside to see Magnus holding Iris, telekinetically. She's lifted up on the floor with her arms pinned to the side. Pain spread across her face as she's roped with an orange energy magic.

"Clary Fairchild, you made a blood oath. Find Madzie." Iris panted before Magnus made a portal behind her, pushing her in it.

"She's the Clave's problem now." Magnus uttered.

――――――――――――――

Magnus told us as to why Iris was here. Apparently, Valentine has Madzie hostage — her goddaughter, also a warlock. In exchange for her freedom, Valentine wants Magnus' spellbook for unknown reason.

"What is Valentine up to anyway?" Alec questioned. Jace, Lei, Clary, and I exchange looks.

"Okay guys, what are you doing?" Simon query.