11 In Time of Despair

"Hey." I greeted as I enter the boathouse where Simon is.

"Hey. I appreciate you coming here." Simon said, anxiously.

"Yeah, no problem. What's up?"

Simon called me for a favor in the Jade wolf. Clary and Izzy are stuck in Citadel and won't be back till later this evening so I offered my services to Simon.

No one has seen Luke since yesterday. Since he wasn't able to come to the Rite of Passage for Jocelyn because of Victor's ridiculous ban on Downworlder visit at the Institute, we figured Luke's just grieving on his own but since it's been two days already today, it's not safe for the distraught wolf to be left unattended this long as their Turning are linked to their emotion.

The New York Pack has stopped looking for Luke since his trail has gone cold. And Alaric, the second in command wolf, particularly not amuse with Luke said Luke's priorities are more about Shadowhunters than his own pack. So now Simon asked me if I could track Luke.

"So, your plan is to live here? At the boat basin?"

And at a werewolves headquarters? Where it is culturized they have mutually deep-seated problems with vampires?

"Turns out being a vampire who only drinks blood doesn't jive really well with a Jewish mother who's always trying to feed you." Simon utter as he dig around his stuff looking for something that belong to Luke.

"I can understand that." I said, looking around the room filled with canoes and paddle boards "But she didn't actually saw you feed-feed, right?"

"No, she did. It wasn't pretty." Simon shrugged.

"How bad?"

"Just take my word. It was b-bad." he stammered, walking to the next canoe of piles of things.

"But still," I sat down on the nearest platform "since Raphael wiped her memory you said. You should stop by and visit your mom."

"Yeah, I will. I'm just letting the awkwardness I feel cool down for a moment-- ah hah!" he cheered, holding up a used cloth gloves "Here. He used this when he helped me clean in here when I moved in." he explained, tossing me the gloves "Try tracking him with that."

We were interrupted when the door on the boathouse suddenly slides open and shut, entering an African-American female, 5'5 tall, petite, black curly haired with a notable scratch mark by the side of her left neck — a werewolf. One of the members of Luke's pack.

"I heard you back there with Alaric. How do you know Luke?" she softly asked, approaching us.

"Me and Luke go way back. He's kinda like a dad to my friend Clary. He coached my little league team." Simon answered, nervously.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Maia." she answered "Maia Roberts."

I looked at her up and down "You're one of the wolves who tried to kill Jace."

"Is he still bitter about getting his ass kicked by a werewolf?" she smiled, mockingly. I felt Simon got jumpy as he felt an unfriendly air going.

"Probably. He has a reputation to keep." I smiled back. Simon breathes in calm.

"Well, I thought he was to blame for Gretel's death. I'm actually happy I didn't mauled him to death." said Maia. I nodded in response.

"I'm Maddie." I introduced, then I pointed to Simon "This is Simon."

"You sleep in a canoe?" Maia asked Simon.

"Yeah, uh... It's not exactly Posturepedic, and I really miss my memory foam at home but it's better than a coffin, though." Simon started to rambled on "Although, I've never really slept in one. So I wouldn't-"