18 Talk About Taking a Bite Out of Crime

We called the others and informed them that Iris' blood oath has taken a turn. Magnus portalled me back to the Institute before he and Lei went to Iris' brownstone. When I left, Clary's entire left hand was already burned up to her wrist, slowly slithering their way to her heart.

Magnus told us that Blood Oath spells are completely binding which mean whatever was written in contract had to be complied — even Iris herself can't undo it now. We had no choice but to risk ourselves with Valentine out there, to find Madzie and fast. We only have until the spell reach Clary's heart or she's literally a dead man.

Anyways, Magnus said Iris brownstone was wiped clean but I did get an intel from the Clave that according to Iris, Madzie was abducted from Brady Park. Jace and Clary was about to check it when Maia tried to kill Clary saying she listened to the conversation we had at Magnus' on how Clary and I are able to activate the sword. Declaring sacrificing two to save millions of Downworlders. If Maia blabbed this to anyone, they may be planning a revolt as we speak.

It's already sun down, I'm planning on joining Jace, Lei, Clary, and Simon after I finished my meeting-- or grilling rather with Aldertree. He's watching us like a hawk, he knew about the blood oath even before I answered him.

"Will that be all?"

"Yes. You may go." said Victor.

"Whoa." I whispery groan when I get up from the coach. I slowly sat back down as I'm feeling a little dizzy which is weird but it's not something new.

"Are you okay?" Victor asked, concern.

"Yeah." I answered with my eyes close as I massage my temple with my finger.

"Come on." Vic gestured me to give him my hands.

He check the pulse on my wrist "It's Isabelle."

"What is?"

"Your ailing. It's your parabatai bond, it's getting stronger by the time. One is unawarely calling for the other." Victor explained.

Before I asked him to elaborate, Alec suddenly entered the office. His gaze was shot in mine and Vic hands which I immediately removed, he stared at me for a second before he bought his gaze to Vic.

"Do you know where Izzy is? I was told you spoke with her this morning. She hasn't been in the Institute since."

"I didn't realize I was the keeper of your sister's calendar." he sarcastically said.

"Something's wrong. She's been acting weird ever since you sent her to the Iron Sisters." Alec indicted.

"I think you're being paranoid. After what happened to you brother's party perhaps I should recommend you for a psych evaluation." Vic smirked, snidely warns.

"Okay, that's not fair. You just said Izzy is unawarely calling me through our parabatai bond." I protested, standing smoothly from the coach.

Dizzy no more?

"That doesn't mean that I have something to do with it." he countered, Alec and I just both stared at him.

He's lying.

"What reason would I have to lie?" Victor questioned.

"I don't know. But whatever it is-" Alec said, walking closer to Vic's chair.

"Nothing is going on, I'm just trying to help. " Vic interrupted as he get up from the chair facing Alec "Now, I would ask yourself... is making insinuations about me really the road you want to go down? Isabelle's more than capable of handling herself."