02 Words Bleed

Since Clary and Jocelyn can't leave the premises and we — the gang, are prohibited to interject ourselves with Jace's investigation, we are planning our moves in secret. We don't want to be put back in probation again.

Victor had asked me to train Clary. He wants to monitor me if I really am back to my normal self. Also, for Clary to start her proper weapon's training. I change into my training outfit and I let my hair down but I clip the front to the side so they won't be in a way.

"You ready? Let's do this." I said with enthusiasm as Clary and I walk into the training room.

Guards are currently watching every public room and floor in the Institute since Aldertree took over yesterday. Vic is currently in the Ops Center within the sight of the training room. Even though I hate that this is what I'm going to be doing, I'll try to enjoy it.

It's been a while since I train anyways. Usually, Jace is my training buddy. We only get real challenge from each other.

"This is not what we should be doing." Clary complained as I walked into the rack and get a training pole "We have to find Jace before Aldertree gets him killed."

I tossed her one which she was astounded, stopping her from talking. I took one pole for me before I distance myself away from her taking position. I play with the pole while Clary ready her weapon.

Izzy actually came up with a plan. All I need is to do is to make sure that Clary gets my message. I would do this myself but Victor has eyes on us. Based on our previous stubbornness, he knows we'll do something. But since Clary wasn't trained with that rune and he underestimated her, it's the last thing he'll suspect.

"Training's important. So pay attention to what I'm about to show you." I explain emphasizing a word, afraid the people can hear us.

I step took a few steps towards her before hitting her pole with mine. I only fight her in medium paced as she's already having a hard time deflecting my aim. I notice from my peripheral view that Victor is watching us.

We exchange sparring aims until she attempts to hit me with a high kick but I drop low, swinging my pole under her leg causing her to fall down. I looked at Victor, and the second I did he avoided looking at us. Clary starting to get my message.

"You need to work on your defense." I noted to her.

"It's funny. Alec said the exact same thing to me before." Clary shared. I leaned down to her up.

"Aldertree just caught Izzy and Lei trying to find Jace." I whispered before pulling her up "He just threatened to derune them."

"So, how do we get to him?" Clary quietly asked. We switched position when I notice Clary gave Vic a glare.

"Let's go again." I said out loud to avoid suspicion. This girl needs to work on her poker face as well. She charges forward, twice, but I easily blocked her before we circle around each other "Have you studied 'The Art of War'?"

"It was not on the reading list at art school."

"You should learn it. Sun Tzu gives excellent advice." I said holding my pole firmly ready to attack. She then ready her pole as well. I then continue to spare her before I drop down again as she try to kick my side.

"Like what?" she asked and I stood up giving her a smirk.

I gesture at her to attack me and she did just that, her aims are getting good by the time but nonetheless, predictable. She's not putting much strength into it. Trainees should not be holding back.

"Move swift as the wind and closely-formed as the wood. Attack like fire." I stated while blocking her aims "But my favorite..." I paused before hitting her pole away from my face and swinging my pole under her legs again. I stood straight, pointing my pole to her, asserting surrender "...to know your enemy, you must become your enemy." I told while she was down on the floor.