23 Dark Solstice (Maddie)

Damn Valentine. He really has no conscience. He's an illustration of pure evil. He used Madzie, a little girl to kill dozens Shadowhunters at the Institute by suffocating everyone using her Warlock Mark — gills.

I saw them — friends, colleagues, good people I've known, trained with, and worked with for years, lying on the floor dead as Valentine dragged me and Simon up the HI Office. I haven't seen any of my friends yet. Which is a good thing, I'm holding on to my prayers that they're still alive.

Also, I never thought that I would say this but I'm so glad for the first time that I have Demon blood. Valentine was frustrated he cannot use me to activated the Soul Sword. So, as long as Clary is away, the fate of the entire Downworld is safe.

I've tried to use my ability to mind control at least one of these Circle goons, even Valentine himself but it didn't worked. Valentine found a way to counter my skill. Unfitting, when I drank from the Cup, it put control on this ability. Now my Legion powers can be depicted with our common tools, like maven cuffs which we use in detaining.

Maven cuffs are particularly effective to those with demon blood such as Downworlders. They cannot use their powers and capabilities, and sometimes being cuffed for a long time renders them weak. But Nephilims being cuffed with it, also has an effect like the inability to use our runes. The power of our runes were terminated but if one can wield a stele, drawing an Insight rune on the cuff or tracing their Strength rune to broke free from the cuff could work. But since Valentine took my stele and I now know I'm holding both demon and angel blood, I'm two for two.

Valentine thought that me drinking from the cup would kill me but it didn't. Since he wasn't successful on kidnapping me when he killed my mother, I didn't grew up to be a psychopath — a weapon by his side. So now, he wanted me out of the way. Hadn't Jace trade for our safety that day at Camille's... I would be dead. And now, he's trading my life...

...again.

Simon has been tugging and pulling his chains from the chair hoping to break free which I know is a waste of time and energy. Because without weapons, it's impossible.

The office door then suddenly open up and a very familiar person entered in.

"Pangborn. Long time, no see." I greeted with a snide laughed "How was your face? Did you sleep well?"

The last time I saw this guy, I kicked him in face as Jace and I trapped him in Luke's sleeping chamber.

"That's funny." he mockingly laughed as he reach for my blue katana — the Herondale's heirloom — that he's holding inside his coat and walks towards me "That is so funny." he smiled with me before his face falls serious then the next thing I know, I got smacked using the blade's butt. I heard Simon gasped in surprise "You're gonna have to watch your tone with me."

Oh, for heavens sake...

I spit out blood before hauled my face back to him "I've been threatened with far more tougher people than you. You don't even scare me."

"You are difficult." Pangborn smiled, fiendishly "Don't think I'm gonna go easy on you." he warns, near my face before he stood up, yanks my hair and put my own blade on my throat "Especially, if I'm holding a weapon."