15 Family Drama

All the people we invite had come to the party. It's the first time these many Shadowhunters had come to a Warlock lair. Downworlder and Shadowhunter where able to exchange pleasantries and communicate without the Clave involvement. It's so freaking fantastic.

Simon and Clary went in together, they're dating now started last night. To my surprise, Maia is also here, Magnus hired here to be the bartender. I just found out that she bartends at the Hunter Moon. She wasn't there when Alec and I were two nights ago. Well, anyway, this is where Alec and Lei officially met her.

Magnus has been nervous since we got here and have been mumbling for over fifteen minutes "Only the empanadas are soggy. I gave the chef specific directions-"

"Magnus, everything is perfect." Lei acclaim, interrupting him.

"Thank you for doing this." said Alec.

"Yeah, and thank you for the open bar." I added, raising my second glass of Sangria.

"Me and parties, always involves drinks Mooncup... even without the party." Magnus stated and I chuckled.

Maryse and Max then entered the apartment. Max has smile plastered in his face as people congratulated and greeted him. While Maryse has, well.. blank, but at least she came. That's what matters.

"Buddy." I smiley greeted as they approached us.

"Mother." Alec greeted his mother with a small smile.

"Maryse." Lei greeted in a gently subtle tone, he's just as nervous as his boyfriend. Magnus then greeted her with a warming smile.

"I heard you like to drink." Maryse said, offering Magnus a bottle chardonnay.

I smile dropped by her comment while the three gentleman beside me stared at her in shock. It was a nice gesture but the way Maryse toned it was discreetly harsh, almost rude.

"Welcome, Maryse." Magnus thanked while accepting the bottle, he then look at Max "Hey Max, this is your night."

Magnus had made Max's ceremonial party a Spanish themed — music, food, beverages, and interior design. It was Alec's idea actually, relating to his parent's marriage proposal before.

"You have an exotic taste, don't you?" Maryse commented at Magnus.

"Oh, the Spanish theme is in honor of you and your husband." Magnus informed with a small smile.

"Really, how so?" Maryse questioned.

Even in the simplest word she still manage to make the whole tone rude. Now you know where Alec gets his mean attitude.

"Alec told me that Robert proposed to you in Barcelona. And I wanted to celebrate a joyous memory, especially since he couldn't be here." Magnus explain, warmly.

"How sweet that Alec feels comfortable sharing our personal family stories with you. Especially considering your... disparate backgrounds." Maryse said with a subtly callous comment. I chug the rest of what's left in my glass while awkward tension silence surrounds us.

I'm not nearly drunk enough to listen to this.

"I'm gonna go get us a drinks." I declare with a fake smile, breaking the silence.

"Good idea. Sangria for the Lady and a Roy Rogers for the guest of honor." Magnus noted kindly.

"Bud, wanna come with me? I'll give you your presents."

"Okay!" he exclaims excitedly following me.

――――――――――――――