09 Wake of the Fallen

"Do you want me to come with you?" I asked.

Alec has been walking back and forth in front of me. Every time he was about to open the door he walks right back to the middle of the room. It's been going on for the past fifteen minutes.

He woke up early in the morning, I don't know exactly what time but when my alarm goes off at 8:00, he already showered and dressed.

"No, I'll be fine." he's sweating out of his forehead. He's really nervous about this.

"Okay, then come on." I said before I gently push us out of my room "You can do this." I encourage as I wipe sweat out of his forehead.

I gesture my hand for him to go. He did so comply by walking slowly. I watched him knocked and entered Clary's room before I head up in Victor's office.

"You wanted to see me?" I politely asked after I knocked and open the office door and I saw him standing by the balcony.

"Yes..." Vic gestured me to sit down in the couch "One of my job as the Head of the Institute is to monitor how my people are doing."

"I'm sorry, did I do something wrong?" I worriedly asked, sitting down on the couch.

"No, Princess. I just want to make sure you're all right." he stated, sitting on a chair in front of me.

"You don't need to worry about me. I'm fine."

"Are you? You don't have any support system. All your friends are going through something of their own."

"If you know that then why did you assent Izzy to lead the mission in Citadel?" I idly nipped.

"You oppose?"

"She just got out of Infirmary yesterday. Her wound is still fresh." I stated, worriedly "You can't send her out to field mission. She should be healing."

I wanted to go to Citadel with Izzy but with my current emotional disturbance, I'll be more of a burden than useful.

"Isabelle is more than capable of handling herself." Victor argued.

"I know she can. But she shouldn't have to." I argued back.

"It's just a mission to gather intel, Princess. She will be fine." Victor pointed out, reassuring. I still have skeptical look on my face "You're worried about her, I get it. You just lost someone and now you're cautious." he sat up, interlocking his fingers "I lost someone too, I know how devastating it is. You don't have to talk to me. I know your opinions of me have changed, but if there's anything you need... I'm here."

"Thank you, I appreciated that." I said with a small smile before standing up and walking to the door but then I turned back to him "Actually... there is one thing."

――――――――――――――

"Hey, Iz. I brought you a treat." I greeted, approaching her in the training room as she's working out... again.

She's been training non-stop since the Demon Attack, determined to prove her wounds is not holding her back. Although, I think she's fine, I sense a feeling of relief on her than yesterday... maybe she really is better.

Maybe Victor was right, I'm just worried for nothing.

"Thanks. Did they just stock the fridge? I didn't find this earlier." she said, taking the fruit cup while I sat in the bench.

"No, I stole that from Jace's." I said and Izzy laughed. Jace has his own personal fridge in his room cause he doesn't want someone to steal his food.

"Hm." she softly giggled "Citadel mission tomorrow, you're coming right?"