24 Dark Solstice (Jace)

"Alec?? ALEC?!" I shouted from my line.

I heard grunting and sword crashing before the phone went off. I threw my phone in the dashboard in frustration. Luke immediately drive faster.

"You're a cop. Can't you drive faster than that?" I hissed.

"You wanna drive??" Luke retorted.

"I'm sorry. I... I just..." I sighed, putting my hands on my parabatai rune "I have to get to Alec."

"I know what you're going through. I had a parabatai once." Luke said, hint of sadness in his voice.

"When Valentine turned on you that must've been unbearable."

The time when Alec and I are fighting not too long ago, it was the most difficult time of my life.

"It was. I felt like my life was over. But, over time, I got past it..." said Luke in most casual glacial-like tone "Alec's gonna be okay."

"He has to be."

Tires loudly screeched after Luke suddenly step hard on the car brakes when a figure came across in front of us. It was Maia. I thought Luke locked her up in the Jade wolf's cellar after she tried to kill Clary.

How is she out?

"What the hell is she doing here?" I stresses before Luke and I step out of the car.

Maia quickly grabbed Luke by his collar, pushing him against his car "You locked me up in the dark?"

"Where did you come from?" Luke asked. I pointed my seraph blade on her while she hounded her Alpha leader.

"I was watching, waiting for my chance but I couldn't wait any longer!" Maia growl.

"Jace, put the blade away. This is between me and Maia."

"Are you sure? She's out of control." I exclaim.

"So true." said Maia, before she grabbed my hand then elbowed me on the face. Luke then hold her from behind "Let go! Get off of me!"

"No, Maia, put this in perspective. The fate of the entire Downworld is at stake." Luke reasoned out as she struggled from his hold.

"Who's lost perspective? Who protects Shadowhunters over their own pack?" Maia retorted then she pushed Luke off of her.

I quickly steered the blade back at her as she attempted to change in her Wolf form. Luke then tasered her causing her to lose consciousness.

"She won't be down for long. Help me get her in the car." Luke exclaim.

"No. We have to get back to the Institute." I argued.

"I can't just leave her here."

"What do we do if she wolfs out again?" I asked, disputing.

"That's what the stun gun is for."

――――――――――――――

By the time, the three of us reached the Institute we saw Anson Pangborn fighting off Raphael and two other vampire whose holding Magnus. He quickly put the vamps down. Just before he took a blade on the ground, I kicked it out of his reach.

"Pangborn, it's been a while." I growl, keening a blade on his chest.

"Jace, he hurt Maddie. He stabbed Maddie!" Clary fearfully expresses.

I exhaled out a sharp breath "Now, I'm gonna kill you."

"Mate, it's me, it's Lei!" said Pangborn, holding his hands up in surrender.