25 Hell is with Other People

"Shapeshifting? Well, that's original." I heard Valentine's voice as I slowly regain consciousness.

Looking down the floor, I saw my katanas that only moments ago were embedded into my thighs. I looked to my side and see that Simon's wound also closed-up. Although, blood splatter is still visible on his neck.

"I learned from the best." Jace mocked.

The pain was bearable now. But I'm still feeling feeble. At least the chain on me and Simon are already loosen. No one seems to have a grasp about that.

"No, you didn't. I would never willingly let a Vampire taste my blood. Do you have any idea what you have done?" Valentine muttered in disgust.

"I saved a life." Jace reasoned.

"A monster's life. And for what? He's just gonna die with the rest of the Downworld, anyway." Valentine utter.

Simon unexpectedly swooped Valentine down just as the office door burst open. Jace picked up the sword that Valentine had dropped while Lei fight off the guards. I forced myself up from the couch and join the party, managing to get one of my blades on the floor.

Jace, Lei, and I fight off the guards. I was doing good until someone elbowed me in the back, causing me to fall down. Turning around, Pangborn pointed my other blade at me.

"I told you I'm gonna kill you with this." he growl.

Pangborn raise the blade up but before he could jab it down, a sword was pierced from his back to the front. He spew blood out then the sword was rotated, inflicting more pain. Finally, he drop to his knees before he flopped down the floor.

"I don't think so." said Lei, looking down at Pangborn's dead body.

"Thanks." I conveyed to my dear cousin as I took my blade in Pangborn's hand.

I stumble slightly at Lei's arm as he help me up. I still feel numbness in my thighs, my wounds hasn't fully healed yet. Turning to Simon, we noticed Valentine had already escaped.

"You okay?" Lei questioned.

"Yeah..." I exhale standing firmly "Just need a minute."

"Thank the Angel, you're okay." Jace sighed in relief as he bear hugged me.

"Thank the Angel, you're here." I countered, thankfully.

Jace smiled and handed me my stele. He then took a bolo from the display case and tossed it to Simon.

"Come on. We have to destroy the Sword." Lei stated before opening the office door.

"Nice moves back there." Jace complimented Simon.

"Thanks. I've been practicing." Simon smiled, repeating his earlier statement this morning.

――――――――――――――

The four of us firmly gripped our weapons as we walked to the corridor going to the weaponry. I can feel my legs wobble in every step I make.

Jace and Lei told us the meaning of the vision Angel Ithuriel let us see. The plan is to destroy the Sword saying that if we bought it back to the Clave, Valentine is just going to steal it again. Even if I'm the one activating it, the scenario will still be the same. Destroying the Sword will guarantee the safety of the Downworld.

"Hey, about, you know, what happened back there... I've heard of blood thirst, even felt it, but never that badly. Once I started feeding, I couldn't stop. I'm really sorry." Simon whispery explain himself to Jace.