12 Unstable Factor

A scorching migraine breaches through my head jolts me awake. I yelp in pain as I sit up on the bed and gripping my head as though it feels like it's going to crack wide open.

Alec who's sleeping next to me, woke up flustered as my screams echoed the room. His words subdued as I only hear distorted screaming pressing down my brain and crushing my ears.

As sudden as the noise came, as quick as it goes away. The pain soon disappeared and I was able to focused on Alec's concern state.

"Are you okay? What happened??" Alec exclaimed with his hands holding both my arms.

"Did you not heard that?" I shake my head, composing myself.

"Heard what?"

"That sound! That noise!" I gasped.

"What noise??" he fumbled, assessing me.

He didn't heard a single sound??

I exhaled "Nevermind. It was probably just headache."

"Headache??" he questioned warily, his eyebrow creases.

"You know... i-it comes with the stress." I excuse and he stared at me, disbelieving "Uhm... we better get going. We're going to fetch Jace, right?" I got up from his bed and sweep my stuff on the nightstand.

Well, Jace left. Victor had pushed him to left on his own as he had no authority to kick someone out. Even though the Clave pardoned Jace, Victor didn't trust him out in the field. And Jace being his stubborn self, can only take so much grunt work. He's been camping out at Magnus' since he left three days ago.

Lei and Magnus had just got back from their date when Jace swift to asked for a spare room. Lei tried to talked Jace into coming back at the Institute but Jace has been locking himself in the room.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he gently questioned, changing back the subject.

"I am now. Like I said, it's just stress." I reassured. I place a quick kiss on his lips before I head to my room to shower.

When I close his door behind me, I rest my head in it for a while as I deplete what just happened.

That noise, it was like a scream for help. Desperately wanting to call for someone. Whatever that was... that wasn't stress related.

――――――――――――――

A loud upbeat music was blaring at Magnus' lair as we entered. It was loud enough to cover the muffled giggle and moaning coming from Jace's room. Magnus has magic and yet apparently he didn't made the bedrooms here, soundproof?

"Hello?" I howler loud enough to echo the apartment. Magnus and Lei soon came out from the balcony. Alec turned the music down, low enough for us to have conversation.

The four of us exchange pleasantries while they share about their trip in Tokyo. Magnus showed us a Japanese Charm Lei got for him, which I find really sweet. A beep on Lei, Alec, and mine's phones stopped us from chatting.

 A beep on Lei, Alec, and mine's phones stopped us from chatting