Yhdeksäntoista; Sinful thoughts

"I try very hard, but I just can't keep the door closed"
19

🦚

"Gossiping? Hardly! I'm merely stating what I saw last night. Her royal highness seems to have chosen a consort quite early into her reign from exile, that's all"

The soldier grabs the small porcelain cup with her rough hand and chugs it in one go. The beautiful, petite and flower like girls around her giggle sweetly. They are dressed in quite minimal, light blue gowns with a lot of jewelry and pretty makeup. Each one is as delicate as a rose, carefully they have created an image of themselves that is sweet and untouchable. The soldiers from the gold clan are the talk of the town, the entire capital is buzzing with gossip and news about the handsome and ethereal female soldiers that arrived yesterday. The most beautiful girls swarm around the soldiers, looking for marriage, looking for money, or simply because they are curious about the well trained foreign soldiers.

A certain woman sits with her friends, in one of the many taverns of the capital. They have been given a day off, to relax, to raise the rate of loyalty and happiness in their army. The soldiers are more than happy to abide. The four of them sit there, surrounded by women who giggle and flirt, talking about the newest and freshest rumor.

"I'm telling you, I stood guard outside her royal highnesses chambers last night. Or perhaps I should say her majesty's chambers, now that she's going to become empress...

Well either way, her royal highness was very adamant about having that girl in her chambers that night. And I'm sure, that scary looking bodyguard was there too"

Her friends seem hesitant about sharing this rumor. It is about her royal highness after all, and if their talk is perceived as disrespectful or hateful, they could be killed for traitorous actions. The local girls around them continue to giggle.

"Are you sure about this Daiyu? Who was that girl anyway?"

Zhan looks around the tavern, to make sure that nobody else is listening while she peaks. Daiyu rolls her eyes. Her friend is always so paranoid.

Last night she and one of her other friends were stationed as guards outside the princesses chambers. Honestly, it was a sh*itty job after a sh*tty day, but that doesn't mean that Daiyu won't take the fun out of it. The moment everyone else had left, her royal highness had turned quite serious. Daiyu explained this quite dramatically to her friends. Her grip was harsh around the smaller's arm, and a glare was present on her face. The girl had been dragged into the chambers, and Daiyu swears she saw jealousy in the princesses expression. There must be something going on between them.

The best part? She knows who the girl is. Daiyu might be a strong warrior, but when it comes to gossip and knowledge about people and their business, she is practically the blueprint at this point.

"It was Fei, that scholar girl"

Her friends gasp. They recognize Fei, because of course they do. She's the most beautiful girl in their army. Her angel like looks have the soldiers swooning. If the princess hadn't angrily explained that she is off limits for everyone in the army, definitely meaning everyone but her, Fei would've been passed around already. She has long and smooth hair, her eyes have stars in them, and her voice is so gentle and cute. She always seems happy, never complains about anything, instead keeping a smile on her face and lifting all of their moods even in the worst moments. Fei has them all wrapped around her finger, and apparently the princess isn't an exception.