Twenty; Execution

"The moment she is gone, they behave like irresponsible scheming animals"
46

🦚

⚠️ death threat, weapons, mentions of death, censored swearing, executions ⚠️

"STEP THE F*CK AWAY FROM HIM!"

Suddenly the silence of the courtyard has deepened. To the point where his voice echoes through the early morning air and reaches every single guard, maid and noble. Aiguo only realizes what he has done in that moment, after he has done it. Once he hears his own voice echo, his own actions weighing heavily on his shoulders. But for some reason the noble can't bring himself to feel pressured or regretful. Maybe it's his pride, ego or overall bravery, but whatever it is, Aiguo doesn't care.

"What?"

Bolin doesn't speak nearly as loudly as he does, but it's loud enough. Loud enough for Aiguo to hear, loud enough for everyone to hear. Loud enough to hear the absolutely flabbergasted tone in his voice. The offended, surprised and also privileged look that slowly morphs on his face is dangerously scary. Whispers buzz over the people, the silence suddenly broken. The whispers go from all the way back to the front, where Bolin stands threateningly over another consorts person.

A sword rests calmly in his hand, and Aiguo can still remember the smug look on his face that was previously there. The other noble is dressed in his finest green silks, and the green fan that he usually lifts to cover his face is now tucked away somewhere in his wide jade green silk belt. His long hair is tied differently from the rest of the consorts, not just in the traditional hairdo but with some finer jewelry and pearls as decoration too. He wants to show his superiority, he wants to show that he is better than all of them. He is better than them, Aiguo thinks, but not better than him.

Beneath Bolin is a slightly shorter guy in light blue and white silks. He is crying and shaking, terrified for his life. Aiguo recognizes him as one of the hesitant boys behind Bolin that day they were arrested. He was one of the only ones who didn't show their full hearted support for the tyrant like consort, he showed hesitance and wouldn't even look them in the eye. Actually, he has always been kind of shy. Good at archery, but bad at most other things, and definitely not someone who is up for a chat. He stammers a little when he speaks, and is the youngest one among them. Some say his father bought his way here, if that's even possible. But whatever that means, this boy doesn't seem to want to be here at all. At least not now, when his life is being threatened by a dangerously unstable consort maniac holding a sharp weapon.

The summarize it, he is not the type of guy to be executed.

"I said, step away from him before I kill you"

That's when people start to notice his sword. Constantine glances at him, a bit hesitant but also fired up. He walks up closer to Bolin, people getting out of his way in fear of his fierce look and sword. Or perhaps they fear his status, Aiguo is a noble and that is very clear. Everything from his clothes, hair, build and manner would make him out to be a very rich noble indeed. But the guards, they are the last and first ones to stand in between him, Constantine and Bolin. The green dressed consort even has the audacity to laugh.

"And who are you to stop me?"

Aiguo raises his sword, not caring about the wall of guards doing their best to block him. Although, they seem a bit hesitant, not bothering to go any further than that. They don't work under Bolin after all, they work under her excellency. Who's side they should be on is unclear. Aiguo guesses that they were bribed by whoever controls Bolin, but also feel guilty about it. The edge of his sword is raised straight forward to point directly at Bolin's head.