Kaksikymmentäneljä; Intoxicated

"High on something, and that something is you"
24

🦚

⚠️ drugs, dead bodies, war⚠️

"I don't care what you are hiding, but don't you ever forget, you will never be a match for me, little girl"

Fei gulps, staring up into the assassins eyes. She searches for an emotion, searches for any hidden meaning but finds nothing. It's getting too risky. As much as her heart is beating, from both fear and attraction, she is getting worried.

They were never supposed to find out.

Thyra might not know how, or why she is so strong, but the fact that she knows is bad enough. Fei's role in this war was supposed to be an innocent one. She helps here and there, behind the scenes, and they win the war. This is not her life to live anymore, she was resurrected but her actual life ended three hundred years ago. This little game that she is playing, it's getting dangerous. The more she gets involved with these people. The more she gets entangled in their messes and troubles, the worse it gets.

"Are you going to tell me what you're hiding, or will you ignore me on that one too?"

Thyra spits out. Fei glares at her but it has no strength, she doesn't dare to make the assassin more upset than she already is. The more Thyra pushes on this subject, the more suspicious she will become. The smell of blood starts to rise in the air, settling. They'll have to leave soon, before anyone finds them. Thyra's stare hardens, like she's debating on whether or not to let the subject go.

"I learned a bit from my dad-"

No, she didn't

"-and I got lucky today, it's not a big deal"

It's almost like Thyra gets angrier at her excuse. It was a stupid excuse, Fei will admit that. But still, it's surprising that Thyra doesn't like her answer. Fei squirms where she stands, wanting to get out of the situation. The smell of blood invades her nose and she knows that any minute now, they will be discovered.

"I'd rather you keep your f*cking mouth shut than lie"

Fei looks down. Thyra sighs, closing her eyes and calming down for a moment. She also knows how important it is that they get away as soon as possible. The assassin retreats from her position trapping Fei to the wall, however her stare lingers on the shorter girl a little while longer. Thyra pulls her covering back over her face, and grabs Fei's wrist. The goddess doesn't protest when she drags her away, towards the camp. So much for a peaceful trip to the market.

Rather than having a clear head, she feels even worse about this.

Belvedere wakes up to water dropping from the roof for the second time.

Yugo really needs to fix that roof.

He groans, rubbing his eyes and sitting up from the thin mattress that they have laid over the floor. It's silent, birds singing outside in one of the many overgrown gardens, and the soft wind passing through. It smells faintly of flowers and fresh grass in the air. Belvedere takes a deep breath.