chapter eight moonchase festival dinner

" guys! guys! me and xiao are having a moonchase festival dinner at our house tonight at six and i am inviting all of you guys to come to it! " venti said at the end of practice.

" thank you for the invitation! i will go for sure! " aether replied.

" umm... aether... is it fine if you bring your sister as well? " xiao asked

" of course! " answered aether.

in xiao and venti's house, since they are brothers, they live together. their apartment looked so small, there is only one bedroom, one kitchen and one washroom.

" gege, do you think this shirt looks good on me? " asked xiao, he is putting so much effort into his appearence. he even borrowed some syrup perfume from kazuha to put on.

" it looks just fine, why are you putting so much effort in your appearence ehe " venti said as he chops up some vegetable and put them into a boiling pot.

" i... i just want to look good tonight " xiao stummared. " you know... moonchase festival "

" ehehhe are you sure? " venti teased " i think you just wanna impress miss lumine! "

" oh shut up, i don't like lumine at all! " but his flushed cheek betrayed his word. 

......

at six o'clock, kazuha, aether and lumine have arrived at the address that was given.

" i didn't know you two lived in an orphanage " said aether after he enters the door

" eh.. our parent died when we are one... " venti said awkwardly

" oh... i am sorry to hear that.... " aether look down at his shoes " i am sorry that i asked... i didn't know- "

" eh... is fine.. really, is not that sad, i don't  really remember them " said venti, changing the topic " anyways, i will go get the dishes from the kitchen! i already prepared them before you guys arrived. "

aether already felt really bad for venti and xiao when he heard their older brother dead. he can't imagine how it must've felt to lost a sibling. now he felt even more bad when he learned that they are orphans. was it hard for them even to survive? 

" this is my chance to talk to lumine. " xiao thought. he is finally gonna make some move 

" hey- lumine... i am xiao, from your class " said xiao

" hello xiao! i remember you, you sit behind me, right? " said lumine

" yea " replied xiao, he seemed calm in the surface but his heart did a little flip. " omg lumine remembered me! " he thought

" dinner's here! " venti yelled, he holds four tray in his hands. they looks like they were gonna tip over. 

" i cooked them, ehe " he said " enjoy, take a seat, make yourself comfortable! "

those food looks really delicous. the dumpling, the hotpot, the mooncakes....

" moonchase festival is all about reuion. we don't really have any family... so we thought we'd invite you guys " said venti.

" thank you for inviting us " said lumine and aether.

after the delicous meal they sat under the moon, and just chatted for awhile.

" the moon is beautiful, it makes me feel so calm " lumine lemanted 

" you think so too? " xiao said softly " have you heard the story of the moon spirit? "

lumine shaked her head " tell me about it "

" ahem, " xiao begins " in ancient time, there is ten sun. the earth was always so hot and in drought. a big man named hou-yi takes arrow and bow, shots down nine of the sun "

......

" it was a lovely story " lumine smiled, xiao blushed, that was the prettiest smile he ever seen.

lumine and aether had a great time with the 4nemo boys, they all did. especially xiao. he can't believe today he actaully spoken to lumine, she even smiled at him!