Chapter 14: The Avengers Tower

(One Hour Later)

Y/N's POV

So, I am now at the Avengers Tower and I'm waiting in an office because the avengers said they need to talk for a minute.

I look around and see that this must've been Peter's office as the office has a bunch of Spider-Man newspapers and a picture of Mary Jane.

Y/N: I miss you Peter.

Steve's POV

The avengers and I are in the main room as we must now decide what we are going to about the fact there is a kid who has Spider-Man's powers.

Tony: Okay, look I'm just gonna come off as a broken record. This kid is not Spider-Man. Nor does he deserve to wear the suit.

Natasha: Do we even know anything about him?

Tony: Grew up in foster care after his parents died, that's all we need to know.

Tony then shows us a picture of Y/N and his parents and I can't help but feel bad for him. He lost his parents at a young age and now he doesn't even have a home.

Tony: Look, all I'm saying, we take the suit and send Y/N back where he came from.

Steve: He's just a kid Tony.

Tony: That's exactly my point, he is just a kid who shouldn't be out trying to be a superhero.

Natasha: Peter was the same age as Y/N when he got his powers.

Tony: And?

Natasha: I know that you and Peter were like brothers Tony but obviously Peter saw something in him. You heard Y/N. Peter gave him the suit, so I say that we let him keep it.

Tony: No, no, absolutely not.

Steve: Why not?

Tony groans.

Tony: You guys aren't listening, this kid is going to destroy the legacy of Spider-Man!

Steve: Or maybe he'll add onto it.

Tony: How? By acting like Spider-Man?

Steve: He's not trying to act like Spider-Man. He's doing what a hero does.

Tony: The mantle ain't his.

Natasha: And it's not your call to make.

Tony: And then who's is it? Yours? This kid is not nor will he ever be Spider-Man.

Steve: I get that Tony, I do and I agree with Natasha, it's not your call, it's none of our call, but if we tell him he can't do it he'll just go behind our backs and do it anyways.

After arguing over what to do about Y/N, Tony then leaves the room in anger.

Y/N's POV

So, after hearing the avengers argue over me, I looked at the picture of Peter and Tony on the wall and realized that Tony was right, I'm not Spider-Man and I never will be.

I then decide I won't try and be someone I'm not, so I take the suit and I put it on the desk, then I look out the door and I sigh and then I go over to the window and open it and then I climb out and drop.

Natasha's POV

So, after we all cooled down, Steve and I decided we'd go and check on Y/N and when we get to Peter's office I open the door and see that Y/N was gone.

I then close the door and I turn and look at Steve.

Steve: What's wrong?

Natasha: He's gone.

Then I look and I see Tony.

Natasha: You got what you wanted. He left and he didn't take the suit with him.

Tony's POV

As Natasha and Steve walk away, I walk over and open the door to Peters office and I can't help but feel sad because I wasn't able to save him. I should have saved him.

Y/N's POV

So, after leaving the Avengers Tower, I just swung around the city and now I'm at mine and Peter's spot at Central Park.

I can't help but think about everything that's happened since I got my powers, that maybe Peter would still be alive had I not got bite by that spider.

After thinking for a little while, I stand up and then I turn around and I jump when I see someone sitting by the door of the rooftop on there computer.

Y/N: God, you scared me!

???: Oops, sorry. I was gonna say something but you just seemed like you needed some alone time.

Y/N: Well yeah, I did.

???: And now?

Y/N: It's over now.

???: Right.

Y/N: What are you doing up here?

???: My foster parents are out so I'm just catching up on my show.

Y/N: Your an orphan too?

???: Yep.

I start walking toward him.

Y/N: I am too.

I then sit down next to him.

Y/N: I'm Y/N.

I hold out my hand for him to shake.

???: Alex.

He shakes my hand.

Y/N: Nice to meet you.

Alex: You too. So what happened that made you sulk on a rooftop?

Y/N: Someone wanted me to be something I'm not and I was just too late to realize I'm not what he wanted me to be.

Alex: In a way aren't we all just what we say we are.

I chuckle at this.

Alex: The question is, who do you think you are?

I think about this for a moment.

Y/N: So, what show are you catching upon?

Alex: It's about this guy who pretends to be a psychic because he was about to get arrested and because of his skills he then goes on to solve like a bunch of cases.

Y/N: Ooh, I know that show. They should totally keep dong it.

Alex: Right.

Y/N: I think we are gonna get along just fine.

Alex: French fry?

I look and see he has a box of French fries.

Y/N: Yep. Just fine.

I then take a French fry as I stare out at Central Park.

Third Person Perspective

After being apprehended by the police, Norman Osborn was put into a van and the van then started driving to an unknown location but before the van could get there, Norman manages to escape.

He opens the back of the van and sees his suit and glider, he smiles at his mask as he knows what he must do.