Chapter 2: A Request

It had been a few months after you and Falcon were suddenly dropped into this strange world and met that white-haired girl. She called herself the President of The General Student Council. A mouthful, so you simply called her "Prez".

In those few months, you and Falcon learned a lot about this world. This place was filled with "angels", as you and Falcon called them. So far, you had only seen female angels. These angels are identified by the floating halo above their heads. You saw that almost every angel has different shapes of halo from one another.

There were also sentient robots and humanoid animals walking around everywhere. It seemed that this world technology is advanced enough to create sentient robots, yet not advanced enough for space travels, diminishing your chance of returning to the 6-4.

The angels also possessed magic, which is called "Mystic". These magics are channeled through their technology and weapons, creating a multitude of effects, depending on who's wielding them. The angels are also incredibly tough. They can shrug off bullets without any major damages. At most, they will just be knocked out from taking too many hits. You wondered if they could even die.

Speaking of weapons, you noticed that it is a common thing for all the angels to carry some sort of weaponry. Assault rifle, sniper rifle, light machine-gun, shotgun, you name it. Hell, you even remembered a girl carrying a minigun with barely any effort.

That pillar of light that you saw when you first arrived? Yeah, that came from the city of Kivotos. Prez said that it was the largest academic city filled with thousands of districts. She also mentioned that she was the one who manages it, though her bubbly personality often made you forget about that fact.

When you had first arrived, she correctly deduced that you weren't a part of Kivotos. She was excited at the prospect of new technology that she had never seen before.

From where you came, titans were nothing new. They had accompanied mankind for decades and will continue to do so for more to come. Surely it wouldn't hurt to do a trade with this girl, seeing that she's not IMC.

You weren't even sure you're still in the Frontier anymore. Falcon had a hypothesis that the two of you were sent to a different reality through an unknown method.

So, you requested a place to stay in return for a chance to research your titan. Though you had her promise to keep this a secret for now. She got you a place some distance away from the city, to avoid any attention toward you and Falcon.

Since you basically had nothing to do, you often helped her as she was researching Falcon's technology. In short, the three of you (mostly her and Falcon) managed to recreate the deployment method of your bipedal war machine.

Titanfall. An event that could cause a wave of shock and awe amongst friends and foe alike. Only combat pilots were certified to make the call. You were certainly one of them. And a damn good one.

Through the combination of Mystic and technology, as you call in for a titanfall, your partner will be teleported high above the coordinates that you sent. You weren't sure exactly how the technology operates. After all, you were neither a scientist nor an engineer. Nor a magician, for that matter.