Chapter 20: Remembrance

There you stood, in the black nothingness that came to be familiar with recently. Like an old friend, it came to visit you. Why were you here again?

"Murderer!"

A voice shouted from nowhere, yet everywhere at the same time. And it didn't stop there. Many more decided to join the fray, adding to the unholy chorus assaulting your hearing.

"Monster!"

"Kill yourself!"

"Rot in hell, you bastard!"

"Coward!"

That last word stung you deeply, like a needle through your chest. You opened your mouth to retaliate, but no sound came out of you. You looked everywhere, only to see the same pitch-black void greeting you. Suddenly, in front of you, a very familiar figure appeared.

???

???

"Why?" He asked.

Like a torrent of waves, your emotions came crashing through. You shook your head in disbelief and grief. Your head pounded like someone was beating it with no mercy. Your stomach started to twist. Yet every time you opened your mouth, the words were pushed back down your throat.

You looked downward. You were in your pilot gear. Not one you came accustomed to, but something... older. A relic that you hoped to be forgotten and buried away.  But alas, the world was never kind to begin with.

And most of all, your gloved hands were bloodied. Your breath hitched in surprise as you looked at the crimson gloves. You slowly looked toward the figure once more. A knife was stabbed through him just above his heart. Blood seeped through his attire, dripping to the 'ground' below.