Chapter 7: Office Work

It was the morning after you successfully secured the Schale building. You had just finished your routine training in Schale's training room. A pilot can't slack off on their training. And that included putting some time in the shooting range. Perhaps you might need to run The Gauntlet again later with Falcon's help.

Dressed up in black suit pants and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up to just above your elbow, you headed toward the hangar where Falcon and Arona rested.

--------------------

You were surprised to see that the hangar was filled with students from multiple different schools, judging from their varying uniforms. Most of them were unfamiliar faces, though you spotted one that was familiar. They were either admiring the pieces of equipment in the hangar, the three Marvins waving to everyone with a happy face on their screens, or the gigantic robot in the room. Well, it's probably fine, Schale isn't exactly a private organization closed to the public's eyes, you thought.

As you approached, Falcon greeted you, causing everyone's attention to turn toward you.

"Good morning, (Y/N)."

"Morning, Falcon. What's with the commotion?"

"The students here are curious regarding yesterday's event."

"I see. Well, attention everyone!", you half-shouted for everyone to hear. The murmurs stopped to hear what you had to say.

"My name's (Y/N). I'm your newest teacher here, a pleasure to work with all of you!", you half-bowed. "If you have any questions, ask them now."

"Sensei! You look young enough to be a student! How old are you?", a student asked as she raised her hands.

"Uh, Falcon, how old am I?"

"According to your biological data, your age is supposed to be 20 years old.", Falcon stated as the students let out a hum of understanding and a little amazement at how young you are.

"There you have it. Next!"

"Sensei! What will you be doing as a teacher?"

"I suppose I'll be helping you all on your problems, whether it's official or personal. The currently missing president never actually stated Schale's objectives, but I believe that is what I'll do.", you answered them. They nodded in response before another hand shot up.

"Sensei! Do you have a girlfriend?", she cheerfully asked, causing a wave of giggles to travel throughout the students.

"What? Of course not! Next!"

Time flew by as you answered their questions to the best of your ability. Some were about you, some were about Falcon, and some were about the three Marvins. The crowd slowly dispersed until only you and two other students were left. One was a familiar face, the other was not.

"Good morning, Sensei."

"Morning, Chinatsu. And to you, too. I don't believe we've met.", you greeted Chinatsu and her friend.