Chapter 11: Silver Linings

Your instinct proved right. Currently, you and the Abydos students were facing off a horde of hired guns led by the four Gehenna students that you met in the ramen shop. The stand-off occurred a few kilometers away from the Abydos school. Your adversaries were eyeing you warily, knowing what you were capable of. Though it seemed that the Gehenna students haven't noticed who you were underneath your helmet.

"So this how you repay me, huh?", you asked half-jokingly as you removed your helmet. The four students flinched in surprise as they saw your face. The red-haired one had an even more conflicted expression on her face.

"Don't take it personally, Sensei, this is just business", one of them said. She was a short, white-haired girl. She had elven ears and wore a black uniform fitting for her size.

???

???

"Agreed. It is regrettable, but we have to uphold our contracts.", another white-haired girl shot up. She had a streak of black between her white hair.

???

???

"Ah, fixers.", you retorted as you put on your helmet. You reminisced your time when you were still a mercenary. Not a far cry from what they were doing.

"What kind of job is that for girls your age?! Shouldn't you be working normal part-time jobs?", Nonomi questioned them.