Chapter 36: Step Forward

Here you are, on a blazing afternoon, in a classroom filled with the ones who needed your help. All introductions were had, and they were already acquainted with each other, at the very least. "So now, I assume you know why are you all here?" You asked them seriously.

Hifumi nodded as the girl beside her, Azusa spoke up. "We're to do special afterschool training in order to fulfill our objectives." Azusa softly said. "I understand the situation."

"Y-Yeah," Hifumi answered. "Each of us will have to pass the special evaluation exam."

"We don't have to ace it, just passing it is enough..."

"And I'm here to help you with everything, as best as possible." You helped her explanation. "From what I've seen, you have three chances of passing the exam." You jogged your memories regarding the details that were sent to you. "But, should all of you pass your first exam, the club would be ended earlier."

"Understood," Azusa mumbled. "Our objectives are avoiding dishonorable discharge. To do so, we must gather here every day to train." She continued, but you momentarily raised an eyebrow. "You're not wrong, but..."

'That's a... weird way to put it...'

"Ah, come to think of it you transferred here recently, right?" Hifumi said toward Azusa, catching everyone's attention. "It's rare that someone would transfer to Trinity..." Hanako commented from the side.

"Ah... that's right..." You mumbled. "It's fine, I'll help you as best as I can."

Your eyes glanced over to the petite pink-haired girl, Koharu, who was seemingly trembling with anger. "Why..."

"Why am I even here?!" She shouted.

"Well... Koharu, you're currently failing your studies and I'm here to help you with the others."

"S-Shut up, Sensei! I'm not supposed to be here! I'll have you know why am I failing!"

"Ho?" You grinned at her. "Do tell."

"Hmph." She hummed with a smug smile. "I failed because I took the second-year test."

"Eh? But why?" Hifumi asked.

"Isn't it obvious? Because I want to skip the grade!"

"I'm aiming to become the Justice Task Force's ace!"

"I... see..." You mumbled.

"That's why, this time, I'll take the first-year test, so I definitely won't fail!" She proudly announced as you let out an exasperated smile. "I'll hold on to that then, Koharu." You rebuked. "Well, today was just a short introduction, so we'll start our class tomorrow. Dismissed."

You were met with a chorus of agreement as everyone started to leave the room.

Save for one.

"Azusa?" You asked her, curious on why she had not left yet. "Sensei, you are well-trained in combat, correct?" She questioned with a serious look on her face.