Chapter 35: A Proper Teacher

The Lounge Room door opened wide, revealing the field captain of the Gehenna Prefect Team. "Sen-" She called, but she quickly trailed off as her eyes spotted someone on the sofa. Someone sleeping on the couch. With a book in his hand.

Her eyes were drawn to a stack of books on the end table beside. The books consisted of the average school subject; mathematics, chemistry, language, physics, and many others.

She knew that he had been working hard to cram as much knowledge as possible regarding his job. He might've been called a teacher, but in all fairness, his work was more akin to that of a mercenary.

She neared him carefully with great interest. She hummed silently as she crouched down to be at eye-level with him. Her gaze focused solely on his face, his soft and slow breathing the only thing she could hear.

She stared at him with an indescribable expression on her face. And pondered, she did.

She thought about a lot of things regarding the man before her, but the one thing she wanted the most... was to hear something she had yet to hear coming from him. Though, only when the hell freezes over would she admit it. Such a strange relationship they had, she thought.

But... she didn't exactly hate it.

She inched closer to his face slowly without herself realizing it.

Closer-

Closer-

Closer-

"!" Until she realized she was far too close. She swiftly moved backward as she held her mouth. A little bit closer, just a few more centimeters, and she would've...

Oh, God...

She took a deep breath to calm her crimson face, careful to not wake him up. She slowly slapped her own cheeks with both of her hands in order to calm herself down.

After a few short moments, she managed to recover. She huffed and stood up, stepping away from the sofa and toward the cupboard. She opened it and took a blanket, before carrying it toward the slumbering Pilot. She draped it over him delicately so as not to disturb his rest.

She gave a small smile, before sitting on the carpet, leaning her body toward the sofa. Moments later, she found herself trying to fight a losing battle against an onslaught of drowsiness. It didn't help that the lounge was pleasantly cool and silent...

--------------------

"Hrgg..." You slowly grumbled to life as you opened your eyes. 'Ah shit, I fell asleep...' You stared at the pristine white ceiling above, before glancing toward the clock. 'Thirty minutes...'

You groaned as you slowly sat up while placing the book in your hand on the end table. 'A blanket...?' You abruptly stopped as your finger grazed the blue blanket covering your stomach and below.