Chapter 10: Damsel in Distress

"Pilot, I have uploaded Kuromi Serika's last known position to your HUD."

"Thanks, Falcon"

"You are welcome. Stay safe out there, pilot."

"Will do."

After receiving the call from Hoshino, you quickly departed to the Abydos district in full combat gear. Thankfully, it was nighttime. No civilian to get caught in a crossfire.

You reached Serika's last known position. Looks like another desolate neighborhood. Finding any clue here will be a challenge, you thought.

However, luck seems to be on your side. Another transmission from Falcon came in. "Pilot, I have located an actively used warehouse near your position. There may be remnants of your enemies from your previous engagement.".

"Copy that.", you said with small relief. It's somewhere to start, at least.

You quickly traveled from roof to roof to the aforementioned warehouse. You carefully peeked inside and listened to their conversation.

"Ah, we really did a good job in kidnapping that Abydos student, didn't we?", one of them said as the rest cheered, remembering their success.

You could feel your anger seeps in. Time to do what you do best.

--------------------

Inside the warehouse, the six members of the Helmet Gang relaxed soundly in their seats. They were either playing cards or fiddling with their phones. Music was blaring through the speaker.

Suddenly, the warehouse became pitch black as dead silence crept in among them. The thugs weren't fazed, for now. Probably the circuit breaker broke or something, they thought. It was a dilapidated warehouse, after all.

"Hey, can someone check the electricity real quick?"

"I'll go.", one of them said as she stood up, taking her flashlight and her weapon.

Silence returned as the remaining members continued to fiddle with their phone or their weapon.

"Ah!"

A sudden scream caused the remaining gang members to be alert. They stood up and scanned their surrounding with their weapons and flashlights.

"You two, check out what happened!", the seeming leader of the group commanded her friend.