Chapter 16: Surprise

The next day, you arrived in your hangar quite early. Davis and Droz were not there yet. The only occupants were you, Falcon, the Shittim Chest, and the three Marvins. You greeted them before working to maintain your weapons and gears.

"How's the Titanfall module, Falcon?"

"It is recharging, Pilot. The estimated time before it can be used again is around 72 hours."

You hummed in acknowledgment while still working on your gears. Suddenly, a white flash of light startled you as Falcon quickly moved in accordance to protect you. He covered you with his robotic hand, fearing for the worst. Yet, no further explosions or gunfire occurred.

Slowly, the light receded as Falcon retreated his arm. You gazed at the aftermath of the event.

"What the..."

--------------------

Droz and Davis stood in front of you. You were seated down, still in the hangar. They had a look of amusement on their faces while Falcon looked at you curiously.

"(Y/N), you have a daughter this big? What did I tell you about using protection?" Davis snickered as Droz took a photo of you while giggling like a little child. "Shut it, Davis." You groaned in annoyance.

You looked down to see the girl in your lap who was asleep, nuzzling into your chest. She had hugged you in her sleep. With the strength of a bear, you might add. You ruffled her hair gently so as not to wake her up.

Apparently, Arona suddenly got a tangible body in the real world. The Shittim Chest had disappeared when she... materialized.

"Wasn't Arona... y'know, an AI?" Droz questioned you after he's done giggling.

"Well, yes..."

"So...?"

"I don't know..." Was the only thing you managed to word out. At this point, you might have to stop questioning the weird things happening around you and just accept them.

The lithe girl in your lap yawned cutely, opening her eyes slowly. Her sea-blue irises stared at you sleepily as she looked up. Before you could say anything, she beat you to the punch.

"Ehehe, Sensei is so warm..." She muttered half-asleep before closing her eyes, nuzzling into your chest once more.