Chapter 43: A Perfectly Normal Day

"I'm hom- oof!"

A streak of lightning blue crashed onto you as you opened your home door, causing you to stumble down to the ground with a thud. You would've mistaken it as a vicious enemy attack, had you not known who's the culprit behind such an attack. "I'm back, Arona..." You breathed out from the vice grip, but she was unwavering in her hugging strength.

You let out a rueful sigh as you stroked her hair gently. The halo above her formed like pulsing spikes in orange, not that dissimilar to a crown. "I'm sorry it took so long." You apologized as you slowly sat up, dragging her who was still clinging to you with no intention of letting go. Honestly... she looked like one of those koalas that you often see together with her on one of the TV channels she frequented, but you wouldn't say that out loud, lest you anger her further.

"...a week."

"What?"

"Five different sweets a day for a week." She grumbled without facing you, still latched onto your abdomen. "Uh... how about two?" You tried to bargain, but she answered by tightening her grip on you. "...Four." She mumbled as you sweatdropped. "Can it be three? I'm kinda worried about your teeth..."

"Mrm..." She eased her vice grip on you, for she had accepted the negotiation terms. "But we'll start tomorrow." She added an extra term of her own, to which you nodded in response. "Okay..." You answered your defeat with a smile.

You could hear her soft giggle as her halo slowly morphed into a pink heart. In turn, her little snicker brought out your chuckle as you looped your arms around her and held her close. She finally looked up, showing her blue eyes with that brightest smile of hers.

And then, she said something that you liked to hear the most. A string of sentences that you always had hoped for after a long day of work. Words that greeted you as soon as you opened the door to your... home.

"Welcome home, Sensei!"

--------------------

"Hehe, the weather is nice today!"

"Yeah, it sure is."

An idle answer as you mused your current surroundings. A calm and peaceful pavement walkway through a serene park. You took in a lungful of rather cool afternoon air as a gentle breeze blew past the two of you. And speaking of which...

"Hmhm~"

She was almost skipping along the path in joy, were it not for her clinging onto your arm. A silent chuckle escaped your mouth as you couldn't help but be infected with that contagious smile of hers.

She suddenly twitched, before looking at you with a serious look. "Sensei, it's almost 10 a.m.! We must hurry!" She dragged your arm with a force that was unbefitting of her small stature. "Whoa, calm down there. It's just a block away, Arona." Your words were unheeded by your lovable companion as you were spurred to a jog.

"Heh, so energetic..."

=====