Chapter 41: Break of Dawn?

BOOM! BANG!

The gym rooftop violently came crashing down, surprising its occupant as the Arius assailants quickly trained their weapons upward by instinct. Mika and the Make-Up Work Club turned their gaze toward the broken ceiling as well. For the latter, a wave of slight relief inevitably lapped their minds. But for the rest...

Looking up was a great mistake.

A single, black and small tube-shaped ordnance dropped from the sky, its pin already unleashed from its place. "Flashbang!!!" One of them shouted, but it was too little, too late.

PTAK!

A sudden bright light shined upon the darkened space, engulfing everything in its blinding radiance, accompanied by a deafening blast of sound. The Make-Up Work Club managed to diminish the impact somewhat by covering their ears and eyes, though the rest weren't so lucky. They were groaning in pain from having their eyes subjected to the sudden flash amidst the darkness.

BANG!

Almost at the same time, a second crashing sound occurred, this time behind the Arius' encirclement. The gym entry door... wide ajar behind them. A hand quickly popped out of the door frame, lobbing something inside the gym.

That something landed amidst the concussed Arius invaders. A black puff of smoke quickly engulfed them before they cackled with electricity. "Arrgh!" They screamed in pain, accompanied by the electric sound in the air. From the hole in the ceiling, another Electric Smoke Grenade dropped and swiftly blanketed the rest of the encirclement. 

And from the sky, he fell.

Droz quickly dropped down without much resistance as his Jump Kit supported his descent. As he went down, he fired a few sets of rounds, taking down some of the Arius students-slash-soldiers. "You girls are getting some stern scolding later." The man landed beside the Make-Up Work Club, who began picking themselves up.

He planted his Pulse Blade swiftly to the ground as a series of yellow rings, only visible to him and his partner, emanated from the crack in the ground, highlighting all their opposition. Just in time as Davis entered and began circling the room, gunning down strays and those who were starting to recover.

The two trusted each other enough to know that they won't have a friendly fire incident... hopefully anyway.

Droz fired a few rounds at his targets before his eyes wandered. "...!" Amidst the roaring gunfire and chaos, he stood still like a man made into a statue. She clutched her head as she slowly came to, dust and smoke starting to come off of her glimmering pink hair.

"..." He needed a split second just to register what was going on. His breath hitched for but a single moment, before his eyes were steeled once again and his thoughts collected themselves.

"Davis, take the rest out."

"Way ahead of you."

He quickly slung his weapon and rushed her who had already stood up with her weapon. She realized the situation far too late as Droz was already right in front of her. The Pilot quickly disarmed her, elbowing the gun out of her hand before he quickly spun, already holding a pistol aimed toward Mika.