Chapter 34: The Lion's Den

Click.

Clack.

Click.

Clack.

The sounds of your repeating, monotone footstep echoed along the hall. In your right hand, was a sizeable briefcase. Your gaze was drawn to the window on your right, a view of Trinity's courtyard greeting you below. You could see a few students meandering around, enjoying the sunny afternoon air.

You returned your gaze forward as your feet brought you to a specific door at the end of the hallway. Two Trinity students await you in front of the door, acting as bodyguards. "Greetings, Sensei."

"Good afternoon."

"Forgive us, but we must do a proper check on Sensei before you can proceed. It's Nagisa's order."

"...Fine." You handed them your briefcase. 'Hm...' You hummed inwardly as you unbuttoned your suit, showing them the insides of it. A Wingman Elite on the left pocket, two Data Knives on the right side. "I suppose I can't bring these in?"

"That is correct, Sensei."

"Hm..."

You hesitantly gave one of them your gun and knives, along with the ammo for your Wingman. "Do not lose them." You said in all seriousness. The girl merely nodded and murmured an agreement. The other one opened your briefcase, her eyes widening for a short moment. "This is..."

"My gear." You cut her off. "I don't mind you holding on to it, just keep it safe." You told her as she nodded before closing the briefcase. In it were three pieces of equipment; a helmet, a bulletproof vest, and your jump kit, the most basic of necessity.

"Is that all, Sensei?"

"Yeah."

"Well then, they're waiting for you, Sensei, good luck." They nodded and opened the door for you, perhaps trusting your words at face value without further confirmation, something that you appreciated. "Thanks..." You murmured and proceeded onward to the open terrace before you.

Your eyes were drawn to the table filled with sweets and cups of tea. 'As expected from the name, I guess...' You idly remarked, before your gaze swerved toward the two figures you were supposed to meet today, one at each end of the long table.

"Good day, Sensei." One of them greeted you calmly before she sipped from her cup with grace. Her silver gray-colored locks flowed as a gust of wind slightly blew them away. She was wearing a white Trinity uniform.