Chapter 14: Encounter

A figure sat in an office somewhere in Kivotos. The windows behind him gave the room what light they could to the lonely and eerie room. Stacks and stacks of papers were scattered on his table, along with a white laptop.

His facial appearance was unnerving as it consisted of a black mannequin face. It had cracks all over the place, forming an eye and an unsettling grin. Black mist poured out from the right side of his face before dissipating into thin air.

He wore a white shirt complimented with a black tie. He also sported a black suit with matching pants. Fitting, for a name that he chose for himself.

He clasped both of his hands together, a gesture that meant he was expecting someone. As if on cue, another figure appeared out of the darkness in the corner of his office. The second figure's blue visor flared as he stared down the seated one. His grin seemingly grew wider, even though it had not in reality.

"I've been expecting you, Pilot Mantis. Or should I say (Y/N)-Sensei?"

--------------------

"We know who you are. Someone who was chosen by the General Student Council President shortly before her sudden disappearance. Owner of the Shittim Chest. The Teacher of Schale. A pilot to his titan.", the figure spoke up to you. "Two legends, one legacy.", he continued as you just sat in front of him. If he wanted to challenge you then so be it.

"And I know who you are, Black Suit.", you said to him. His grin was unchanging in front of your words. "Now tell me why I shouldn't decorate this room with your brain.", you said with a deep-seated rage as your hand hovered over your holstered sidearm.

"I would like to make this clear.", he said unfazed by your threats. "We are not enemies. Making you our enemy would be the greatest obstacle we would have to face."

"Wiping out an insignificant school like Abydos would be child's play. However, we would like to avoid a war with someone who's certainly not a merciless hunter.", he stated with certain words jabbed at you directly as you glared at him underneath your helmet. "In fact, we would like to work with you."

"Then you know what I want."

In response, Black Suit just laughed. "Do you believe your actions are justified? That you have the moral high ground?", he asked you half-mockingly.

"I have blood on my hands that will never be washed away.", you said with a matter-of-fact tone as you stared him in his singular eye. "I'll shake the world to its core if it meant that I could achieve my objectives.", you continued.

"All the more reasons to work with us then, Sensei."

"Not as long as you are interfering with my students."

"Haha. Ha. Hoshino is no longer an Abydos students. Have you read her resignation paper?", he said as you produced a paper from one of the many pockets that your combat attire had. "I have. Yet I never remembered giving the approval.", you countered as you pointed at the empty rectangle reserved for the teacher's signature. "She will always be one of my students."