Chapter 42: Aftermath

The break of dawn did indeed come.

Davis returned to Schale after you and your team successfully repelled the Arius' strike force last night, leaving the cleanup to the Justice Task Force. By the looks of it, the whole Trinity academy was getting busy, most likely from the fight last night. You glanced over the window, seeing the commotion of students running around outside.

This... smelled like even more trouble...

You requested that Hasumi and her club take the credit for subduing the assailants. And to be safe, you've also prepared a fabricated story, lest Schale takes repercussions for unsanctioned operations on other Academy grounds.

You and Droz were sleeping peacefully in the old building when you came under attack, thereby justifying your action as self-defense. Hasumi would then contact you for help, to which you accepted and proceeded to lend her club a hand or two. Not a foolproof story, but hey, it's better than nothing.

Eh... whatever. And besides... there's a chance that Nagisa already knew.

But now...

"..."

"..."

A heavy silence loomed in the room. A bright light was already spilling through the windows to your right. Your four students assumed a dogeza position before you as a scowl laced your face. Each of them had varying expressions on their faces; one was as stoic as ever, one was smiling slyly, and two were fretting... one more so than the others.

"Hah..." A tired sigh escaped from your lips. You tapped your forehead, creased from the group's little antics and operation. "First off..." You began as they started to face you. "Thank you for helping us round up the last assailants."

"But!" You slightly raised your voice. "You girls were too reckless!"

"At the very least, you should've informed us!" You sighed again as the four looked at each other apologetically. "That could've ended badly, you know?" You grunted and lightly shook your head. "...No, I suppose it's my fault too. I should've known you little gremlins would take part in it one way or another..." You wryly chuckled as you glanced toward the window.

"N-No, Sensei!" Hifumi blurted. "We are at fault here!"

"We should've told you first... but we decided to act on our own..." She dejectedly pointed out her mistakes. You momentarily widened your eyes. "And... um... thank you for saving us..."

"If you realized that, then it's fine, I guess..." You let out a somewhat relaxed sigh as you ruffled Hifumi's hair. "And don't thank me, thank those two later when you get the chance." The four nodded as they let out a relieved sigh.

"But don't think you're getting out of here without a punishment."

"Eh?"

Thwack!

"Ow!"