16

«────── 𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟓 ──────»

hyejin sluggishly enters through the door, yelling out an 'i'm home!' so her parents knew that she was back. she spots her little brother doing his homework on the coffee table, her mother doing the dishes, her dad nowhere to be found, probably already in bed.

"hyejin-ah, do you want to eat?" her mother calls out before she enters her room.

"not really," she calls back before she shuts the door to her room.

hyejin throws herself on her bed, closing her eyes as she thought hard. just how was she going to get her grades up?

she remembers her teacher saying that 1Million was expecting 3As and the rest could be either Bs or Cs. right now, her grades were all either Cs or Ds. she has exactly 5 months to get her grades up, and that is barely enough time.

hyejin was not gifted with the brains.

she sighs again, drumming her fingers against her bed sheets. she could ask daeun to help her study, but there are 2 reasons why that is not a good idea.

1. they have been best friends for the longest time, hyejin wouldn't prioritise work even if daeun had forced her to, because they were used to each other.

2. daeun is grounded, and she doubts that her parents would let daeun out, even to study.

okay, so daeun is out.

next, jungwoo. jungwoo... he's smart, but he doesn't study in groups. he has low patience tolerance, and seeing how hyejin was a slow learner, jungwoo would get annoyed really quickly.

okay, jungwoo is also out.

another sigh escapes her lips.

that only leaves to one more person. jeong jaehyun.

hyejin worked on a project with jaehyun before, and because of him, she received her first B ever in her life. the girl pushes herself off her bed, going over to her desk and pulling out a piece of paper.

"okay, pros and cons," she mumbles to herself, grabbing a black inked pen.

pros:
-he's smart
-he's kind of patient (this is good because i'm slow)
-we aren't that close, so he would force me to study

cons:
-we're awkward with each other
-i don't like him

hyejin stares at the piece of paper scribbled with words. well, what choice does she have right? if she wants to get into 1M so badly, then it has to result to this, right?

hyejin fishes out her phone, opening the messaging app to send a message to jaehyun.

hyejin:
hey
do you want to work for me

jeong:
what?

hyejin:
i need to work on my grades if i wanna get into 1M

jeong:
you got into 1M?
congrats :)

hyejin:
yeah but they say i need to have like at least 3 As
and you know for a fact that i'm far from that

jeong:
oh so you want me to help you study
how many As do you have as of right now?

hyejin:
i have literally never gotten an A in my life
that's why i need your help
will you help me out

the reply doesn't come for a while, hyejin waits impatiently for his reply.

jeong:
okay
but you have to do it my way