Breaking The News

Emily stares at Hotch's door in a trance. A part of her wants to tell Hotch, the only thing truly stopping her is the other part of her. The part that is screaming no, to get rid of this unborn child. The weak part. She digs what's left of her finger nails into her palms to hush the harmful thoughts. She finally has the nerve to knock on the door. She didn't even get a chance to knock. Hotch opens the door and is startled yet relieved by her presence.
"Hotch, as much as you hate me-" Emily begins but is soon cut off by Hotch.
"I don't hate you. I don't even dislike you. That night was amazing and I wish. Oh how much I wish every night I can fall asleep to your touch and wake up to your kiss. Sadly I cant. And it's killing me. Emily it's killing me." He says with tears in his eyes.
"I didn't think you felt the same way-" She gets lost in her words.
"Of course I do. There is too much at risk. So I fought everything my heart was telling me to do and forced myself in the other direction. I have to keep this job Emily."
"I understand. " She was now regretting coming here.
"What is it you came here for?"
"I have to talk to you."
"Of course, come in."
Emily finds her way to the living room and sits on the couch. She starts fiddling with her hands because she has no nails to naw on.
"I wanted you to be a part of this decision."
She starts.
"What decision?"
"Well...you know that night we made love?"
"Every second of it."
"Well after I started puking I went to
drug store to get a pregnancy test. It turns out I'm pregnant."
Hotch freezes at those words.
"I wanted you to be a part of the decision of keeping it or not." Emily goes on.
"This is big."
"I am aware. I spent the last few hours crying in a public bathroom."
"I'm so sorry." He says as he tugs her body close to his. Embracing her.
She sobs into his chest."What are we going to do?"
"I don't know. I just don't know."
"We have to do something! "
"How about we go away for a few days? Yeah? Sort this out on a few night in a hotel filled with talks?"
"What about our jobs?"
"Our jobs can wait."
With that Emily and Hotch packs their bags and heads out of there.