Chapter 29

Hotch gently places Emily back on her own two feet. His fingertips lightly roll up her neck and stop at her frozen cheaks. Emily exhales a breath of satisfaction. She never felt this releived before. It's the type of relief that only happens when your life is heading towards a black worm. Somewhere lost in space. Then, just when your life is two inches away from ceasing to exist, that almighty asteroid pushes you aside and everything becomes alright. This was like that moment.

Hotch's eyes wander from her cheaks to her bright pink lips. "You are so beautiful." He whispers.

Emily smiles. "I'm all puffy and red."

"Yes, you are. Beautiful at that."

Emily smiles and leans in to peck his lips. "Why am I so madly in love with you?"

Hotch kisses her lips gently. "I could guess."

Emily smiles as she stares at his symmetrical lips. "Do so."

"Well, when I first met you I couldn't stand you..." He laughs.

"Hotch!" Emily playfully screams as she wacks his chest.

"Okay, okay. It was true. I thought you didn't belong on the team. Then, I saw you, as a person. Not just a number, but a person. I started to grow an interest in you. I never knew you seeked an interest in me as well. Long story short, you are the woman of my dreams and more. I think the love I have for you, and the love you have for me, makes it madness." He stares down at her brown shiny eyes.

"Sounds about right." She says as she grooms his hair with her fingers. "Can I ask you another question?"

"You with your never ending questions." He teases.

"Fine, I wont." She rolls her eyes with a smile.

"What is it?" His face grows more serious.

"How did you find me?"

"Right now?" He questions.

"Yeah, I never told anyone where I went..." She trails off.

"You always came here during those two years of therapy to clear your thoughts."

"Oh, I didn't think you noticed." She says.

"Why wouldn't I? I love you too much not to."

Emily leans into his chest. "I love you to baby. I love you to."