Chapter 25

Emily's fury clings to her inquisitive mind. Why did Hotch do that? She finds herself asking that question frequently.
Her phone starts ringing. She pulls the car over along the road for saftey. Her eyes scan the contact name.  It's Hotch. A sigh escapes her lips before pressing the green keyed icon.

"What?" She asks bluntly, rolling her eyes.

"Baby-"

"What do you need Aaron?" She says, irritation filling her voice.

She could hear the regretful sigh on the opposite line.

"We have a case in twenty." Hotch whispers.

She hangs up as she rolls her eyes. He didn't even want to explain. Or at the very least, apoligize.

XXX

Emily has already went home and got dressed. She avoided Hotch the entire time, as if he was only a mere shadow.

She arrives at the BAU in a hurry. Her hands run over her black slacks just before she walks through the see through doors. Garcia is quick to greet the raven haired woman.

"Emily! I need your opinion on something." She flings her side bag over her shoulder for easy access to her tablet. "I want to get Henry a few things for his birthday but I'm not sure which design is best."

"I'm sure it's great, Garcia." Emily dismisses.

"Hey, what's wrong? I don't like it when your dismissive. Talk."

"It's nothing, Garcia."

"Oh, it's something alright."

Emily avoids her bombarding of questions. "Isn't Henry's birthday in like three months? Why are you buying him gifts this early?"

"Because I am his fairy godmother and it's my job to be totally prepared." The perky blonde exclaims.

"Oh, of course!" Emily laughs.

Hotch sits in his office, anxious for Emily to forgive him. He can't tell her why he grabbed the phone from her. He can't tell her why she is unable to see it. Not yet anyways. There are three knocks on his office door.

"Come in." Hotch says, almost to a whisper.

"Hey, Hotch." Reid greets as he slides his hands into his pockets.

"Hey Reid." He sighs.

"Did you tell Emily yet?"

"No, but I will. Tonight."

"Good." Reid smiles.

"She's mad at me, though." Hotch's fingers flick the corner of the bundled papers.

"What? Why?"

"Suspicion. Because I don't know how to hide anything." He sighs.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up. She can't be mad at you after tonight." Reid smiles.

"I know. It's all happening tonight."

A/N
I think I might write and upload the rest of the story tonight! Woop woop!
-Alex