Chapter Eleven

Emily's eyes try to focus on the beeping screen that seems to be monitoring her heart beat. The blurred lines become more clear the longer she focuses on it. She takes a deep breath and rubs her head as she sits up. She becomes aware that her arm is hooked up to tubes. Her eyes race across the room, remembering she's in a hospital. Then it hits her; her baby is fighting for its dear little life. Her love of her life was stabbed and bleeding. She can't remember much about that. Then the nurse walks in.
"Hey, your up." She says with a smile. "You have been out for two weeks."
Emily can't believe what the nurse said. "Two weeks?" She says with disbelief.
"Yes mam."
Emily's eyes jot back and forth quickly trying to find the solution to her problem. "How is my baby? Did it make it?"
"The doctors are still working on it. So far it's still alive and doing remarkably well. You have to remeber though, the baby is still fighting for its life."
Emily noticed the nurse didn't say anything about the baby being a boy or girl. She shook the thought out of her head, convincing herself she doesn't want to know until she knows it's going to live for sure.
"What about Hotch?"
"Oh. He is doing great. He got checked out one week ago. He always comes by every day to check on you. Visiting ours are only one hour a each person everyday. Which explains why he isn't here now. Would you like to make a phone call?"
"Yes please."
Emily picks the phone out of her hand and nods at the nurse. The nurse exits the room.
Emily quickly dials Hotch's number.
"Emily? " Hotch says on the other line with worry flooding his words.
Emily just sits there. So happy to hear his voice.
"Hotch. I love you. I'm so happy your ok. I don't know what I would do without you in my life." Emily let's out with tears in her eyes.
"Baby. Your ok. I love you too. I can't imagine life without you."
Emily let's a small sob escape her lips.
"Baby its ok. I will be right over." Hotch replies and hangs up.
XXX
Hotch runs up to her room and stops at the doorway. When he sees her, he finally believed she was ok. He had to see it from his own eyes.
He then walks slowly into the room with his jaw dropped.
Emily turns her head and notices Hotch.
"Hotch..."
"Baby..."
He walks up and embraces her pulling her body close. They stay there for a minute, enjoying the presence of the other. Emily notices Hotches bandage around his chest. "Babe. Are you ok?"
"Yes baby its nothing."Hotch says trying to turn the attention off of him.
"I'm so sorry. I could have moved out of the way faster..." Hotch says with disappointment in himself.
"Babe. It's not your fault."
Hotch looks away, not believing her.
Emily grabs his face and points it towards her eyes. "It is not your fault. There is no way you could have prevented this."
The nurse walks in with a hidden worry behind her eyes. "We have some news about the baby."
(Sorry that I didn't update sooner! I was busy with school.)