We're being watched....

Third POV

The Company wanders through the forest. The forest is beginning to affect them mentally, and they stagger about.

"I don't remember this place before. None of it's familiar." Balin Slurred.

"It's got to be here." Dori said with desperation.

They could not find the path, nor the Dragon Queen.

"What hour is it?"

"I do not know. I don't even know what day it is."

"Is there no end to this accursed place?"

- Meanwhile -

(Y/n) had followed the path back to the entrance....no sign or sound of the dwarves.

Closing her eyes with an exasperated sigh, she growled and turned back to the forest.

Leading these dwarves was like trying to herd VERY stupid sheep!

She could turn into a dragon to enhance her scent but she didn't want to risk it. Not being this close to the mountain.

Again, she set off back into the forest, but this time, as of she was hunting them. Trying to track their trail.

- Back with the company -

The dwarves are all muttering and rambling as they wander about. Bilbo absentmindedly plucks a spiderweb; it vibrates, and the vibrations continue through the various linked spiderwebs and far off into the forest. Bilbo plucks the web again. He hears a strange whispering noise. 'Creepy' he shuddered.

They continue walking; Bilbo looks down and sees himself walking backward, although it's actually just an illusion. He looks back at Dori, behind him, and sees himself. His entire vision begins shifting and tilting. Ori leans down and picks up a tobacco pouch. Dori then takes it from him.

"Look."

"A tobacco pouch. There's dwarves in these woods."

Bofur takes the pouch from Dori.

"Dwarves from the Blue Mountains, no less. This is exactly the same as mine."

"Because it is yours. You understand? We're going round in circles. We are lost." Bilbo all but shouted, snatching the pouch from him.

"We're not lost. We keep heading east."

"But which way is east? We've lost the sun."

As the dwarves begin bickering indistinctly, Bilbo looks up and sees a bit of sun through the tree canopy far above him. He speaks quietly, "the sun.....up there!", and no one else can hear him over the bickering.

"The sun. We have to find the sun. Up there. We need to-"

The dwarves have started fighting and pushing each other around. Thorin stands apart, listening. He hears the strange whispering sound that Bilbo heard earlier and mutters to himself.

"What? What's that?"

The whispering continues; Thorin turns and yells at the dwarves.

"Enough! Quiet! All of you! We're being watched." He whispered.

Turning, they saw a dark figure moving fast towards them.

"Its (Y/n)!" Kili shouts in relief.

Only....it wasn't her.

/\/\/\/

Bilbo climbs up one of the trees nearby; as he crawls, he doesn't notice the masses of spiderwebs all around him.

His head breaks through the trees and into the air; suddenly, it is as if a spell has been broken, and Bilbo's head clears.

As he breathes deeply, he sees blue butterflies flying all around him. The sun is setting, and everything looks beautiful. Bilbo smiles and laughs.

He then looks off into the distance and sees several landmarks. He calls down loudly to the dwarves below.

"I- I can see a lake! And a river. And the Lonely Mountain. We're almost there!"

He hears no reply from the dwarves. Surely they could hear him?

"Can you hear me? I know which way to go! Hello?"

Bilbo looks down, trying to see the dwarves. He hears a thumping noise in the distance and looks up.

"Hello?"

Maybe (Y/n) found them?

In the distance, trees move haphazardly under the weight of something approaching. The movement is coming straight toward Bilbo and the dwarves. Worriedly, Bilbo climbs down a bit and peers around.

He steps forward, only to trip over a spiderweb and fall several feet, bouncing painfully off branches, and yelling in pain and shock the entire time.

He catches himself on a branch, then watches in horror as a web parts to reveal a massive spider. As the spider opens its fangs and hisses at him, Bilbo yells and falls again, landing on his back in an even bigger spiderweb.

He is stuck to it and is thus unable to resist as the spider wraps him up tightly.

- With (Y/n) -

Just as she was making her way over roots and rocks, she heard the screams of the dwarves.

Looking up she saw a mass of webs!

Her eyes widened.

"No..." she whispered before taking off in the direction of the screams.