She's revealed

(Y/n)'s POV

Gandalf paused to count how many dwarves were with him while The company paused to collect their breath.

"Five, six, seven, eight...Bifur, Bofur...that's ten...Fili, Kili...that's twelve...and Bombur - that makes thirteen. (Y/n).....Where's Bilbo? Where is our Hobbit? Where is our hobbit?!"

"Curse the halfling! Now he's lost?!"

"I thought he was with Dori!"

"Don't blame me!"

"Well, where did you last see him?" Gandalf questions worriedly.

"I think I saw him slip away, when they first collared us."

"What happened exactly? Tell me!"

I kept looking behind, it was like it could feel a presence.....the ring, it was near.

"I'll tell you what happened. Master Baggins saw his chance and he took it! He's thought of nothing but his soft bed and his warm hearth since first he stepped out of his door! We will not be seeing our Hobbit again. He is long gone."

My head snapped in anger at the Dwarf. How could he say such things!

"No, he isn't."

[Bilbo steps out from behind the tree, making me jump slightly. The dwarves look up in shock and relief. Gandalf laughs as he speaks.

"Bilbo Baggins! I've never been so glad to see anyone in my life!"

Bilbo strides forward into the group; he pats Balin affectionately on the shoulder.

"Bilbo, we'd given you up!"

"How on earth did you get past the Goblins?!"

"How, indeed."

There is an awkward silence as Bilbo tries to think what to say. In the end, he gives a nervous laugh and puts his hands on his hips. I noticed a little bit of gold being shoved into his pocket. I turned towards Gandalf who also noticed Bilbo. He hasn't recognised it yet....

"Well, what does it matter? He's back!"

"It matters! I want to know: why did you come back?"

Sometimes, I really question his dislike for the Hobbit.

Bilbo looked at Thorin, and the other dwarves before answering.

"Look, I know you doubt me, I know you always have. And you're right, I often think of Bag End. I miss my books. And my armchair. And my garden. See, that's where I belong. That's home. And that's why I came back, cause you don't have one. A home. It was taken from you. But I will help you take it back if I can."

After he spoke, there is silence as the dwarves think about what Bilbo said. Me and Gandalf smile at the heart of a hobbit.

Then all eyes turned to me.

"So, you are the Lonely Dragon" Thorin all but spat.

"You have a lot of rumours....tales....tragedies in your name - how do I know you aren't here for your own benefit, that you want to claim the power of under the mountain for yourself! To let you come along would be getting rid of me ne dragon and letting another take over!"

He glared and sneered at me.

"Thorin Oakenshield!" Gandalf shouts and is about to stride over to him before I stop him.

"There is no power under the mountain for me - I have my own kingdom to care for. A kingdom that has a saying....It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards you as their enemy is the quintessence of true power."