Chapter 14:

"Damnit," Gluzze muttered, walking into the kitchen and grabbing a knife and a few rags before going upstairs to the bathroom, locking herself in. She shoved one of the rags into her mouth before plunging the knife into her arm right near the edge of the panel, causing her to let out a muffled scream.
She heard voices downstairs. "Shit, what's she doing now?" Firetail said. "Probably nothing good." Star said. There was a pause. "Hey... I forgot to grab a bunch of stuff back in the woods... I think I'll go grab it." She said. Her voice sounded scared.
Gluzze started to cut an outline around the panel and then got the knife under it, prying until eventually the panel popped out. The easy part's done. She thought as she extended the cable, taking off her shirt and looked into the mirror. She judged carefully before plunging the knife into her shoulder.
"I'm going to stay here, almost everyone is giving up on Gluzze, even if she's stuck on her problems too much she's still going to need help fixing stuff. Plus I've got nothing better to do. The only thing I have to live up to is helping you find your parents." Firetail said. Star nodded. "I'll be back quick. I promise." She told him. "And I haven't given up, I'm just... scared of them lashing out." She replied before exiting.
Gluzze dove the knife deep into her shoulder, breaking free the control mechanism from her shoulder before starting to pull it out through her arm along with the rest of the cable. After she immediately started to pack the rags into the wounds and tie them off.
"It's fine, take your time, I'll probably keep an eye on Gluzze's room through the cameras." Firetail said. Gluzze froze. Cameras... those fuckers... She thought. She finished wrapping the bandages up before glancing into her room, getting an idea about where the cameras were. After she walked into the room and looked straight into a camera. "Great job guys, really how you gain someone's trust." She growled before pulling out the camera and crushing it.
"Good luck keeping up with me." She growled, throwing her phone onto the bed and grabbed the cable and panel from the bathroom before rushing outside and taking off.

--

Galaxy had flown above the cloud cover. Below, the clouds were great and thick, a clear sign it was about to rain below. The last of her tears had fallen, and now she was just watching the colors the moon cast upon the clouds below from her feathers in a peaceful silence. As she calmed down, she realized the abyss had left her completely.
Eventually she took a deep breath and folded her wings at her sides, diving beneath the cloud cover. She saw a river below her, on one side just clear land, the city in the distance, and on the other, forest. At the last moment she extended her wings and tail feathers, slowing her significantly as she extended her legs to make a clean landing. After she folded her wings on her back neatly, primaries over primaries in a cross.
She sat down on the bank, just watching the water rush by. She would go back to the house eventually. She just didn't want to face anyone right now. She was waiting on the rain to make that decision for her.
As she was sitting there, she saw a figure land on the opposite bank, letting out a scream of frustration and throwing something into the river. She watched them, realizing it automatically as Gluzze from her empathy and voice. What her empathy told her though... Gluzze was in a lot of pain again, both physically and mentally. Irritation came first to her mind, before worry. She took a few steps backwards into the forest.
Gluzze took a few deep breaths. "I can't change my bones, but I'm close enough back to normal." She said to herself. "Shit, now I'm going to have to find Galaxy." She muttered, a guilty look on her face as she turned to head back into town. "I guess I kinda deserve this though. And I thought Bob caused her the most pain." She chuckled sadly.
Galaxy sighed and threw a rock to the other side of the bank, making a splash in the water right behind Gluzze. She whipped around. "Is someone there?" She asked wearily.
Galaxy hopped down to the edge of the bank. "It is just me. Funny how we always end up in the same place." She said. Gluzze let out a sigh. "Are you sure you didn't do this on purpose?" She asked. "As if. I was here first." Galaxy said, sticking out her forked tongue in amusement.
Gluzze chuckled. "I'm so sorry Galaxy." She finally said. "You are fine." Galaxy said, unfolding her wings and using the draft form the rushing water to hop over to the opposite bank. "I did not mean to burst out like that. I apologize." She said, landing.
"No, thank you for that. You and Damien really showed me how much I need to change. Although I'm afraid I may have sent Damien to the abyss." Gluzze said. Galaxy sighed. "So should we go grab him?" She asked. "If anyone should, it should be me, this is my fault. Also, you don't need to go through that again." Gluzze replied.
"Yeah... I had been there long enough that many of the creatures there now fear me." Galaxy said, scratching the back of her neck. "The whole feral-thing gets to you." She shrugged. "Though there's a problem; how do we get down there without corrupting ourselves?" Gluzze asked. "That is true. Let us only go down there as a last resort." Galaxy said. "Let us say if he is not back within a week we go grab him?"
"Yeah." Gluzze nodded, glancing at her arm. Galaxy glanced at it. "What happened? Did you mess with your mechanical stuff?" She asked. "Yeah, I ripped them out and threw them in the river. If you see blood in the bathroom that's why." Gluzze replied.
"I see." Gluzze muttered. "Here, give me your arm." She said, reaching out, her paw pad glowing green. Gluzze moved her arm. "Nah it's fine, it looks like you need some rest, and I probably deserve it a bit." Gluzze said.
Galaxy nodded. "I will heal you once I have the energy. I am sure we have extra bandages to wrap it with for now." She said. "We should probably head back home." Gluzze said. "But also I'm a bit skeptical about going back because apparently, they've been spying on me." Gluzze growled.
"Haha... about that..." Galaxy said. "Wait, you knew about the cameras?" Gluzze looked at her. "Yeah, I know it is awful, but we all agreed that it was the only way to keep you alive for the time being." Galaxy said, trying to explain. "Why didn't you tell me?" Gluzze asked, wings drooping at her sides. "I told you; I was more focused on keeping you alive. You would not listen to anything we had to say, so... yeah."
Gluzze growled in annoyance, tail lashing. "Is there anything else hidden from me?" She asked. "Only that there are cameras all around the house, but now not in any of the rooms. The others are more for security though." Galaxy replied.
Gluzze sighed. "Okay, then let's head back." She said. Galaxy nodded and unfolded her wings, taking off on one of the cold drafts being pushed down from the hot rain that was bound to fall soon.
"Wanna race?" Gluzze asked, following her. Galaxy laughed. "A race? No way, I would certainly lose." She said, though she was tilting her wings to find the strongest wind. Gluzze nodded. "Not-a-chance." She hummed.
"Well, why not let me try!" Galaxy suddenly said, catching a draft with her full wings and disappearing upwards. "Welp, cya." Gluzze said, taking off at her full speed. Galaxy rolled her eyes. "Stupid powers." She muttered lightly, still flying upwards. She was very high by the time she became too cold to go further. The only way she could get there before Gluzze was to actually go into the jet stream, but she didn't plan on breaking all her bones for a race.
She got there within a few minutes, clearing a landing, huffing in exertion. Gluzze glanced up, she was leaning against the door. "What took you so long?" She asked with a smirk. She had always taken pride in her flying. "I know, I know." Galaxy said, walking up to the door. She went inside, her fur extremely ruffled. "Hey." She greeted Firetail with a wave.
"Oh, hey you're back." Firetail said. Galaxy nodded. "I'm going to catch a shower than get some sleep." She told Gluzze. "Alright." Gluzze replied before going up to her room. Firetail looked to Galaxy. "So have you convinced her to go to therapy yet?" He asked. "No, I have not even mentioned it." She groaned. "I barely got to talk to her. When is the appointment again?" She asked.
"It's 10 to 1." Firetail said. "We got a lot of time." Galaxy nodded. "I will speak to her tomorrow. Right now I feel like I am going to pass out." She said. "Alright, I'm going to stay up to make sure Star gets home safe." Firetail replied.
Galaxy nodded and went upstairs, seeing that their closets had a few pairs of clothes in them. She grabbed a grey T-shirt and some cargo shorts with a belt before heading to the shower. Afterwards, she flopped onto the bed and practically passed out.