Chapter 28: The Attack

Tuesday Morning

Damien woke up early, not having slept well. He already knew what was bound to happen today; the attack in the Laboratory. As he left, Gluzze entered his room with a Mac 10 in hand. "I'll pull up the programs I need for later." She said. He nodded and went downstairs.
Stargazer, Cliff, Echo, Pheonix, Firetail, Azreal, and Cassiel were already in the living room, silently talking as they were pulling on vests and getting weapons on hand. Damien didn't bother grabbing a gun, instead just grabbing a vest. "I'll just shock the fuck out of them." He said to himself, walking into the living room.
As he was pulling on the vest, cartel members showed up outside, pulling into the driveway and parking outside. He had called his mother, asking for their help yesterday. The member knocked on the door, and he answered it. "Damien, we're ready." They said.
"Go ahead and start heading out, we will meet you about a mile out." Damien replied to him. They nodded and the members left. "We need to get a plan on what everyone does." Firetail said as Gluzze walked downstairs. "I'll be here, I'm going to operate security systems. We do need that cable plugged in." Gluzze said. "You were the last one with it Phoenix, do you know where it is?" She asked.
"In a desk in my office." Pheonix replied. Star raised a hand. "I can tell when guards are coming and how many there are while in the lab." She said. "I'm going for his head." Azreal grumbled. "I'm going to turn the alarms off and help take down guards." Phoenix said, crossing her arms.
"I'll keep gaurds off of all of you." Firetail said. Damien turned to Star. "If things start going sideways, you get out of there. Understand me?" He said. Star nodded. "Right. How about a meet-up point?" She asked. "How about that alley in the back connected to the lab?" Pheonix offered.
"Sure, that sounds good Phoenix." Damien said "Hey, can you hit me with that taser real quick?" He asked Cliff. Cliff in turn looked at him with a strange gaze, shrugging and tazing him. "Hell yeah-" Damien said, electric sparks coming from his hands.
"Cliff, the cable is your job, unless if you want to stay here, there is nothing wrong with that. Same thing for you Star, if y'all even have a bit of doubt, stay here." Firetail said. "That cable is important, because I will be able to single out Jaguar and see exact locations of things." Gluzze said.
"Okay, so that's the first objective." Star said, the others listening. "I'll be ready to fly there and get you two out within seconds." Gluzze said. Cliff turned to Gluzze. "I'm going." He reassured her. As they were talking, Damien got a text from Trippze. 'We are ready for you.' It read.
"Idiot." Damien shook his head, turning his phone off. "And remember, I want Jaguar's head." Gluzze growled. Azreal nodded. "Well you see, I have a scythe that's perfect for just that-" he said. "And Trippze wants yours." Damien interrupted Az. "Be careful, even if you're here."
"I'll keep a gun beside me at all times, and even if he gets my head, it's just gonna turn to ash." Gluzze said. "Oh, and do we have earpieces to communicate with?" She asked. Damien nodded. "In the basement." He replied. "Alright, I'll go grab them." Gluzze said, heading down.
Cassiel stood, his eyes glowing white as he searched for a way into the lab via portal, a safe space with few guards. Azreal was watching him impatiently. Damien stretched went to grab some breakfast form the kitchen.
Gluzze brought the earpieces up and passed them out to everyone. Damien put his earpiece in and grabbed some Coco Puffs. Star stared at Damien in betrayal as Gluzze poked her head in the fridge. Damien stared straight at her, taking a bite. "Mmm, so good." He teased her. "Whatever." Star stuck her tongue out at him and went to holster her daggers.
Gluzze realized the cheese stick bag was open. "AZ I SWEAR TO GOD!" She shouted. Azreal yelped. "What did I do?!?" He questioned, confused. Damien looked at Fire, knowing very well they had eaten the cheese. "Hey Firetail, do you wanna go check the weapons real quick?" he asked already heading downstairs. "Yeah," Fire said, rushing down.
"These were supposed to be my cheese sticks," Gluzze said holding up the bag. Azreal pleaded innocent in front of the silent jury. Damien got downstairs. "Should we let Az take the blame?" he asked. "I ain't telling her." Fire said.
Damien grabbed a taser and shot himself again, absorbing the electrical discharge. "Oh yeah, that feels great." He said, going upstairs. Firetail rolled his eyes and went up. "Whatever, honey. He said.
Everyone was ready in the living room. "Damien, when you're ready, Cass will make the portal to the Lab." Azreal said, handing over Trivia to the taller creature. Damien nodded. "I'm good to go." He said. "Same here." Firetail added.