𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭|Hell

"Show me then

"Show me then." I whisper, smirking up at him as my thighs clench his knee slightly.

My eyes dart down to his mouth, watching his tongue pop out as he licks his lips slowly.

Anticipation. He kept me waiting in anticipation for what he would do next. His knee bucked upwards between my legs causing me to gasp slightly as I fisted his shirt tightly in my grip.

"How about I fuck you against this wall? Maybe that'll knock some sense into you." He harshly whispered into my ear, his warm minty breath fanned against my ear slightly as he spoke. The smell of his cologne invaded my senses, getting me lost in his scent. He managed to capture me in his heated gaze, locking me in my place as I stared up at him.

"Fuck off," I scoffed, pushing him off me, "If you didn't take my fucking money then who did?" I glared at him, crossing my arms over my chest. He can't keep doing that. Dick.

"My guess is the Russians. They're trying to get us to turn against each other as part of their plan." He shrugged one shoulder.

"How did they even know we were working with each other?" I furrowed my eyebrows, running a hand down my face in frustration. Now that they know they're probably going to bring in reinforcements, making it difficult for us to take them down.

"Word spreads." He states simply. "Just like your le-"

"Shut the fuck up Ace. I need a fucking drink." I sighed, glaring at his ugly face. Fuck him with his stupid inappropriate joke and stupid fucking face.

Ace pulls out a flask from his pocket and extends it out towards me. Skeptically, I look at the flask, wondering if there's poison or some shit in it.

Like he can read my thoughts he scoffs, rolling his emerald eyes. "I didn't poison it. Are you scared of whiskey now?"

I rolled my eyes and took the flask from him, taking a swig from it. "I'm scared of your fugly face." I grumbled, sipping on the whiskey.

"That why I caught you staring yesterday?"  He smirked, tilting his head to the side.

"My eyes were just confused about how ugly
one can be." I shrugged my shoulders, walking away from him.

"Die." He called out.

"You first." I called back, sticking my middle finger up at him as the elevator doors closed.

xXx

The ball was in two days and I've been trying to download Ace's files before then. This fucking computer is taking the piss. My plan was to give the Russians his file in exchange for the valuable item they have of Aces that way I can corrupt his ass.

Alea has been round a couple of times to help me but she's been too busy with her little boyfriend. Relationships disgust me.

Deciding to have a break, I got up and stretched my muscles as I walked downstairs. When I walked into the kitchen, I saw Ace sat on the barstool with a laptop on the countertop as he typed away on it, not even noticing I was here.

"What are you doing?" I peered over his shoulder at the random numbers on his screen.

"Your mom." He grumbled, never taking his eyes off the screen. Oh so he's one of those. Fucking fantastic.

I scoffed, "It's not funny to joke about the dead."

"Like I give a fuck." He grumbled, taking the USB stick out of the laptop and shutting it close.

"Hope she haunts you, fucker." I grumbled and opened the fridge, grabbing a water bottle. I was confused as to why Ace didn't reply to me with a snarky remark but when I turned around I found him asleep. Like actually asleep.

His arms were crossed on the countertop with his head buried into them as he snores lightly.

Lets ruin his peace.

"Murder!" I yelled at the top of my lungs which made him jolt up right, pointing his gun towards me with a glare on his face.

"I fucking hate you." He gritted out angrily as his fingers hovered over the trigger.

"Wait did you hear that?" I whispered to him.

"Hear what?" He whispered yelled, glaring at me.

"The askers." I fake a shocked expression and instantly grabbed the kitchen knife when he shot up from his seat.

"I swear to God I'm going to fucking kill you." He stormed over to me so I got on top of the counter, playing with the knife in my hand as I smirked down at him.

"This knife will be lodged in your throat if you keep trying to kill me." I spat out and glared at him, walking a bit closer to the edge subconsciously.

"Stop with your bullshit thre-"

Suddenly, I tripped off the counter and landed into his strong arms. He had an arm under my thighs and another on the small of my back keeping me upright. I stared up at him in shock as he stared down at me with his widened green eyes. Our eyes flickered between each other's and our heavy breathing lingered in the space between us.

Ace's adam's apple bobbed as he swallows the lump in his throat. My mouth felt dry, restricting any words wanting to coming out. Say something. Anything. Like put me the fuck down bitch.

Why couldn't I say it?

I broke eye contact and cleared my throat so Ace snapped out of his daze and put me back onto the floor. The tips of his fingers lightly brushed against my now exposed lower back as my shirt had ridden up slightly. Then he quickly moved his hand away.

Ace's jaw clenched as he stared blankly at the floor, seeming lost in thought. His emerald eyes burned into mine when he looked back up, igniting everything within me so much that I couldn't look away.

"Don't be fucking stupid next time." His deep voice spoke coldly, all traces of emotion stripped from his tone. It was like a sword cutting through the air.

A glare settled on my face at his sudden change of tone as he knocked his shoulder into mine, walking past me. The familiar smell of his cologne lingered in my nose as he walked past, leaving me in the kitchen pissed the fuck off.

Fucking dick.

I went back to my room and sat at my desk, going over the documents Alea left for me. The only thing that was missing was the valuable item then I'll be able to get rid of Ace once and for all. The Russians will be gone. Ace will be gone. Life will be perfect.

Or would it?

Part of me thinks that life will never go back to how it was five years ago. That part of me is stuck in the pit of guilt I was thrown into. Guilt because I was the only one that survived the torture that happened five years ago. I should've gone. It should've been me.

If you expect disappointment, then you can never really be disappointed. 

I've been expecting disappointment for five years and that's what I got. The whole fucking world disappoints me. People do. So I've learnt to live with that. I don't need anyone when all they are is just another thing  to worry about.

It's hard to be fine when the truth is I'm going through hell.

After reading the documents, I went and sat on the balcony since I'm most likely not going to sleep tonight. The cold breeze brushed my hair gently as I sat down on the chair, admiring the bright moon shining in the dark sky.

I inhaled a deep breath and closed my eyes, letting the cold wind blow on my face. Music was playing through my AirPods distracting me from reality. Music always helps and I honestly don't know what I would do without it. Matter of fact I like music more than people.