𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞|One Room?

Groggily, I opened my eyes after taking a six hour nap because somebody woke me up to early

Groggily, I opened my eyes after taking a six hour nap because somebody woke me up to early. Asshole. I turned my head to the side, seeing Ace sat in his seat with a computer on the table as he typed away on it. His hair was messy and his eyes were drowsy as he stared blankly at the screen with one hand perched under his clean shaven jaw.

The light from the screen illuminated off his face in the darkness, highlighting his forest green eyes and defined jawline.

"Do you ever sleep?" I mumbled, stretching as I sat upright.

"No." He grumbled.

"Why?" I found myself asking. Not that I give a fuck. I'm just curious as to how this man functions.

His hooded eyes met mine for a moment, like he was searching for something but what?

He inhaled a deep breath, turning his gaze back to his computer as he answered quietly. "I don't like it."

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused about how one could not like sleeping. I sleep to escape my problems which is why I love it apart from the occasional nightmares I get.

I leaned my forearms against the table, staring intently into his emerald eyes. Somewhat trying to figure this man out. I don't know why but I want to know.

"Why?" I asked again, tilting my head to the side slightly.

He inhaled a sharp breath and his eyes narrowed as he stared at me. His expression hardened drastically, probably because I hit something in him. I pressed a button that I wasn't suppose to.

"None of your fuckin' business Arccadi." He spat out, glaring at me and normally I would back off but the look in his eyes makes me want to push on.

"It's just you and me here Ace." I smirked and rested my jaw on top of my hand.

"That's the problem. Why would I want to tell you out of all people?" He furrowed his eyebrows, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Me and you are somewhat alike. Now tell me." I state simply.

Two fucked up souls in one fucked up world.

"Why do you care?" He grumbled, moving his computer to the side.

"I don't." I shrugged my shoulders, waiting for him to answer my question.

He stared at me for a moment before sighing as he ran a hand through his brunette hair. " 'Cause it hurts. Every time I close my eyes I wake up in cold sweat and I hate it." He mumbled, fiddling with the
pen on the table.

And I was right. We are somewhat alike.

"Nightmares?" I question.

Emerald eyes snapped towards mine in a heartbeat. Each second the beat increases rapidly as I waited for his answer but he hesitated. I'm right.