Diary Of A Tour Girl - Chapter 34

Harry p.o.v

I drum my hands against the steering wheel at the station, my mum and step dads train has just come in, they're down for mine and Flora's wedding party tommorow. 

Paul decided that before we move into our house and 'settle' so to speak we should throw a massive party and invite anybody whose anybody aswell as every man with a camera in London. So for tommorow night, we've hired a v.i.p club and are having the party. 

Mum, dad and Gemma are staying at my flat and also meeting Flora for the first time. Which I know Flora's worried about but they're like the least scary people ever.. and well her mum accepted easy as pie and I think they'll get on really well. 

I suddenly hear the door open and cold air drift through the car as I turn, beaming at my mums fammiliar face as I leap out of the drivers seat to go open the boot for her and Robin. 

"Hey mum!" I say pulling her into a hug then loading their stuff into the boot. 

"Where's Flora?" She asks, getting into the front seat as Robin gets in the back. 

"She's back at mine, getting stuff ready, don't worry mum you can meet her soon" I laugh at my mums impatience as I pull out of the station carpark and onto the busy roads of central London starting the 20 minute drive frim Liverpool. St Station to my flat. 

I park up, taking mums suitcase as we head up the stairs and I knock on the door of my flat and it swings open less than 10 seconds later and Flora stands there. 

"Hey" She says, smiling at my mum and step dad then stepping back as they follow me in, I greet her with  a hug and quick kiss on the lips, I tend to have found after last night she's atleast being a bit more touchy feely with me... which is good.. aswell as unsurprising after well.. that. 

Mum throws her arms around Flora, engulfing her almost. 

"It's so nice to meet you, I'm sorry it took so long.. you've both been busy!" She laughs as she releases Flora. 

"Yeah, busy" I mumble under my breath as Flora flashes me a look of annoyance over my step dads shoulder.

"I'll take your bags to your room" I say gesturing to take their stuff as does Flora and she follows me through to my spare bedroom. 

"Harry keep your mouth shut about that okay?" She says slightly grumpily, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear as she looks at me. 

"Fine, but I mean, they think we're married, it's what they expect" I shrug dissmissively. 

"I know but I'm still not comfortable with it yet.. " She trails off biting her lip. 

"Okay, fine, but it was nothing to be ashamed of" I roll my eyes, placing both hands on her shoulders and swivelling her around to the doorway before nudging her forward as I follow behind through to my living room. 

Mum is scoping everything out and probably making sure I haven't overloaded plug sockets etc and Robin  is sitting on my sofa, surfing through the sky channels to find the football scores.

"Do you want tea or coffee, or anything?" I ask, accepting their requests and going into the kitchen, Flora shoots me a nervous look and I poke my tongue out at her, going into the kitchen. 

When I return less than 5 minutes later, Flora is talking to Mum avidly about something, I frown handing out the drinks as I sit down, lying back in the sofa. 

"What's the topic of convo?" I ask, not really interested as I look at football match playing out on TV, it's bound to be something girly. 

"Flora.. is helping me choose which dress to wear tommorow, because I couldn't decide, so I bought two with me!" Explains mum.

"Ah I see" I nod. 

"I need to show them to her, so we'll be back in a minute, come on Flora, love" She says standing up and gesturing for Flora to follow her, Flora slides out of my hold, following mum out of the room. 

"Rob, do you like her?" I ask, stretching out and putting my feet up on the now uninhabited sofa. 

"She seems lovely, you almost gave us both a heart attack though, could've had a heads up or something?" He says. 

"Sorry, just sorta happened" I shrug. 

"Yeah I bloody know It did, we all saw the pictures" He says. 

"Yeah... Is mum dissapointed in me? Was she upset?" I ask, feeling a little guilty for the first time. 

"No.. aslong as you love Flora, then we  don't mind" He says, this settles me a little, I love her- for sure, it's just the opposite combination that worries me. 

"What do her parents think about all this... she's only 17 right?" He asks, looking at me, eyebrows raised. 

"Her Mums really nice! Also surprisingly cool with the whole situation.." I say smiling. 

"Good, I'm glad to hear it" He says. 

"HARRY!" I hear my mums voice intercept our conversation and he rolls his eyes at me, I roll mine back, an exchange that has always been familliar between us as I get up.  

"I need a 3rd opinion!" My mum adresses me as I enter the spare room, she's wearing a navy blue maxi dress with gold detailing. 

"I like that one, looks lovely" I say instantly, not really down on how to evaluate a dress apart from the fact it does look nice. 

"Hm, Flora said the other one looks better" She says, looking to Flora. 

"Show me that one then?" I say grabbing Flora's arm and pulling her into the hallway, shutting the door to let Mum change. I push Flora gently so her back is against the wall, kissing her softly, one of my hands pressed against the wall her head, I let the other hand stroke her silky hair. To my surprise she doesnt protest as I listen to the muffled sounds of the football coming from the living room, I hear the creak of a door and Flora nudges me back as we both turn to see  my mum at the door smiling at us. 

"Do you prefer this one?" She asks quickly, gesturing to the strapless nude coloured dress. 

"That one.. definitely!" I agree. 

"Right, well I'll leave you two to it then.." She says, almost proudly. Probably glad to see I've officially moved on from Isla. 

"Yeah.."I say trailing off as she dissapears back into the room. I instantly regain my position against Flora, pressing my lips to hers and I move off a minute or so later, taking her hand, pulling her in the direction of my room. 

I seem to have ruined my chance as Flora shoots me a 'don't be fucking stupid look' and enters the living room.