Diary Of A Tour Girl - Chapter 38

Flora p.o.v

"Shit we're late!" Harry says as I watch the black car pull up outside his flat. 

"Correction, you're late, I'm ready to go" I say, sitting at his breakfast bar and spinning round on the stool out of boredom as he rushes around shoving things into his bag for the flight. 

It's 6am and he's leaving for L.A later on this morning, so I'm going to the airport to see him off,  in true wife style. 

I don't know what to do with myself this next week, I actually have alot to do getting the new house ready but I think my life is gonna feel empty. Is this what being married is like? am I getting actual feelings? EW. 

"Ready!" Harry clicks his fingers in front of my face, snapping me straight out of my daze. 

"Me too, okay lets go" I say, grabbing my leather jacket and pulling it round my shoulders as we break into the freezing air. 

The ride to heathrow is only 40 minutes long, and the roads are only just starting to get busy at this time of morning. I carry on thinking as I sit close by Harry in the car, in silence as I have my own earphones in and I close my eyes. The early morning is getting to me. 

I really will miss him, I know we can skype.. and it's only for a week but still... 

"Will there be fans there?" I whine. 

"Most likely" Harry sighs, giving me the apologetic look, even though I know it's not his fault. I'm still a bit nervy around fans, most of them are nice.. it's just every time there are new photo's of us it's a very mixed reaction.

"Come on you" He says rolling his eyes, and sticking out his hand to help me out of the car. Wheeling his suitcase and slinging his holdall over his shoulder so he still has the spare hand for me. 

We walk into the entrance and I wait with Harry at bag check in, the fans usually assemble outside the departure gates so I think we're almost clear at the moment although the airport is thriving at this time of the morning. 

I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn around to see Liam with Bobby. 

"Harry you're late! Paul told us to hang about and wait for you" Liam says as the woman gives Harry his boarding pass and checks his passport. 

"Sorry, it was Flora's fault, she just didn't want to get up" Harry chuckles, poking me in the side making me squirm as we follow behind Bobby and Liam, we head towards bag check-in where the whole band and crew are assembling.

As we approach I notice there is alot more than the usual throng of people going through and coming out the large double doors, I realise that the reason is the fans are milliant about, security hoard us into a corner where everyones getting ready for check in. 

We says a quick hello to the others and I turn my back to the persistent fans. 

"Can you all say goodbye now please because, you're gonna have to say hi to some of these guys and  we need to get going" Paul says, quickly, interjecting into our conversations. I take Harry by the hand leading him to the other side of our group, so that our goodbye is half genuine and not playing up for the camera's. 

I take both his hands, locking our fingers together and looking up at him. 

"I'm gonna miss you" I say gnawing on my lip. 

"Really?" He asks so quietly I can barely hear, locking his gaze with mine so I can't escape. 

"Yes, a week seems like a long while" I nod gently, he just looks at me, smiling slightly so his dimple is just threatening an appearance. 

"Don't cry about it" He says reaching his thumb up to my cheek before I even realise my eyes are filling with tears. 

"I'm not!" I say antsily, rubbing my eyes quickly. 

"Oh come here, I'll be back before you know it" He says pulling me into his chest and holding me tightly before letting me go so we can kiss on the lips softly, it feels nice.. and natural, I don't worry about people suspecting it might be fake because.. well it's not, I feel like his hand fits perfectly on the small of my back. 

"Come on!" Paul taps Harry on the shoulder as we break apart. 

"I'll call you on touch down" Harry says giving me a gentle kiss on the forehead before walking off with the rest of the boys. 

I'm standing with an also rather disgruntled Ellie,Leah,Paige and Bobby. 

"Whose for a Macdonalds breakfast?" Asks Ellie. The others nod in agreement as we all watch the boys disapear for a long 7 days through the doors. 

I nod a yes too, as we walk off in convoy. 

We're heading through the thickening crowds when someone catches my eye, someone familliar and I can't help darting of in pursuit much to the dismay of the other girls. It's American Sam. 

I run upto him, tapping his large, jersey clad bicep, he turns round and a smile crosses his lips. 

"Flora!" He says, obviously remembering me too. 

"Sam what're you doing here?" I say in almost in excitement, seems odd that I'd by chance meet this guy again. I never text him as I was too caught up in the whole wedding buisness.. and he didn't have my number. 

"I'm moving in with my dad and step mom! He's originally from Islington and when my parents split up he moved back here.. I decided to take a gap after college and come see what's going down over here, seems crazy I bumped into you!" He drawls, pulling his navy suitcase as we walk side by side. 

"I know.. I'm sorry I never text! But we can keep in contact now right?" I say. 

"Sure thing, I saw your boy band on my way out" He says looking at me with raised eyebrows  as he tousles his messy quiff, he has that sleepy flight look that Harry always has. 

"Oh.. right" I say awkwardly. 

"By the way, I'm sure you said you weren't dating any of them? Now you're married... correct me if I'm wrong but I'm a little confused..." He chuckles. 

"Yeah.. we weren't at the time" I say biting my lip nervously. 

"I'm just not gonna ask, I'm sorry I cant stick around but I gotta go meet my dad, and sleep of this lag" He laughs, grinning perfectly, showing me his straight white teeth, I sigh a little, I tear my gaze away, fumbling in my bag for a pen, taking his large hand and writing my number down. 

Sure, Sam's gorgeous... but I feel like i'm betraying Harry by doing this.. I don't think I'll even text him, I shouldn't even be risking standing with another guy when the whole reason I came here was for Harry.

"Now you can text me" I grin striding off in the vague direction of macdonalds, in hope of finding the girls, images of Sam fresh in my mind. I really really shouldn't fancy him this much.. should I?