Chapter 1, Part VI

Chapter 1: Hell is Other People, Part VI (Class Trial)

----

That was the truth. We were staring into the face of Sparkling Justice, the infamous Spanish vigilante serial killer himself. By Sparkling Justice, I meant Tetsuo Garcia.

Monokuma: Yes! He's just said it! That was his secret: Tetsuo Garcia is Sparkling Justice!

Usagi: ...The hell...?

Shouko: No way... No fucking way...

Masato: Congratulations! We've been breaking bread with a serial killer! How do we all feel, huh?!

Chie: ...Scared, croak...

Sasuke: Let's be honest, I'm kinda worrying for my life.

Shuya: Listen - what's done is done! Mamoru was a criminal, Tetsuo is a criminal killer, we've basically got our guilty verdict on a silver platter!

Kira: Don't be so hasty, Shuya!

Reiji: After all, something's not quite right with this case.

Nanae: Hey, Reiji! What do you mean by that?

Reiji: Well... Monokuma made it quite clear that we...

----

(Multiple Choice)

1. Got our own secret.

2. Got our friend's secret.

3. Got a classmate's secret.

Answer: Got a classmate's secret.

----

Asuka: We what?

Reiji: (sigh) We got somebody else's secret - and it didn't matter whether they were one of our friends, or some complete nobody. So how did Tetsuo get his hands on his own, exactly?

Nanae: Oh! Now I see!

Reiji: Still doesn't change anything about the fact that my friend may have been an asshole, and is definitely dead.

Monokuma: Yup! As if it wasn't obvious already to all of ya bastards! Upupupu~

Reiji: Now then, I'll be operating under the assumption that Mamoru was indeed guilty of whatever crime the culprit-

Monokuma: Great job, you! Already you're thinking the worst about your own best friend! That is surely true despair!

Reiji: ...Shut up.

Monokuma: Excuse me?

Reiji: Mamoru may have been guilty. He may have been innocent. But the thing is - he's dead. He's gone forever. And I must see to it that his killer be exposed. Why? Because that's the right thing to do.

Shuya: You do know that it'll kill... the culprit, right?

Reiji: I do.

Mayu: Aren't we... forgetting something? We should see it with our eyes...

Ukyo: Hmm? There were no other wounds or other physical trauma inflicted upon his body except-

Usagi: Please. That's not what she meant at all!

----

(Non-Stop Debate)

Iori: How did Tetsuo get his own secret in the first place?

Mayu: That's... strange. Everybody else got somebody else's...

Chie: So what if Tetsuo originally had another, croak?